The Struts (GBR)

Hard Rock, Melodic Rock , AOR , Blues Rock , Glam & Sleaze Rock , West Coast , Christian Rock
Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

The Struts (GBR)

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 19 Feb 2021, 12:57

The Struts - Everybody Wants (2014)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2014
Style : Rock
Audio : 320 kbps + front + Video
Size : 130 mb

Bio:

Luke Spiller (Vocals), Addo Slack (Guitar), Jed Elliott (Bass) and Gethin Davies (Drums) make up Derbyshire, England based indie band The Struts. I coincidently know Gethin, who joined the band earlier this year. However this is no reason for my judgment of the music to be biased in anyway, and I believe any band/artist’s music should be judged on that alone.Their single I Just Know (released in May 2012) has a classic blues rock vibe to it, which is a hard sound to dislike! The riff is simple, but has you nodding your head along from the get go which can only be seen to be a good sign. On the production side of things, the song has a really full sound to it, giving an anthemic feel. Along with the instrumental composition, the vocals particularly distinguishable; with a resemblance to Kill It Kid (One Little Indian) vocalist Chris Turpin. The sound of the band as a whole is great, and you can imagine the enormous sound being transferred to a sweaty live environment with ease; Possibly giving the song an entirely new lease of life.At a mere two and a half minutes, the single itself allows us to get a real feel for the essence of the band. The song bounces between the massive riff and Spiller’s Vocals alone with drums, giving the vocals a real opportunity to shine. Hopefully The Struts have plenty more songs of equal strength in their arsenal, and if so they have real potential.

Album:

The Struts will release their debut album, the brilliant, swaggering "Everybody Wants" on 28th July.A quintessentially English proposition, The Struts are a band who proudly stand apart from the crowd and steadfastly refuse to chase the latest trends and fads, The Struts aren't afraid to plough their own furrow and have the tunes to back it up. They've built their loyal fan base through fanatical word of mouth, blistering live shows and monstrous hooks that steadfastly refuse to leave your brain. The result is high octane, heavy, soulful rock n roll that delivers on every level. Flamboyant and hard-partying, with dashes of wit, this is entertainment.A combination of much-missed old-fashioned showmanship, stadium sized tunes and dazzling musicianship, The Struts are here to inject a rich shot of colour into UK guitar music's currently grey landscape.This is not to say they are a purely retro proposition. Any band that can take on "Royals" by Lorde and deliver a brilliant recalibrated version like The Struts deserves much closer inspection.Frontman Luke Spiller is an old-fashioned, force-of-nature leader. His unstoppable self-belief and confidence bring to mind some of the great frontmen of rock n roll's past. Recently he appeared on the latest album by the legendary Mike Oldfield, handpicked by the man himself.The Struts have a string of live dates in place throughout the summer, including festival slots at Isle Of Wight, British Summer Time (with Black Sabbath) and Secret Garden Party. Full details below.

Line Up:

Luke Spiller - Lead Vocals
Addo Slack - Guitar and Vocals
Jed Elliott - Bass and Vocals
Gethin Davies - Drums

Tracklist:

01. Roll Up (03:08)
02. Could Have Been Me (03:07)
03. Kiss This (02:57)
04. Put Your Money On Me (03:35)
05. She Makes Me Feel (02:38)
06. My Machine (03:08)
07. You & I (03:24)
08. Dirty Sexy Money (03:57)
09. Let's Make This Happen Tonight (03:17)
10. Black Swan (03:24)
11. Where Did She Go (03:54)
12. I Just Know (02:30)

+ Video "Could Have Been Me" (Official Video)

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Re: The Struts (GBR)

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 19 Feb 2021, 12:58

The Struts - Young & Dangerous (2018)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2018
Style : Rock , Glam Rock
Audio : 320 kbps + front + Video
Size : 165 mb

Bio:

Luke Spiller (Vocals), Addo Slack (Guitar), Jed Elliott (Bass) and Gethin Davies (Drums) make up Derbyshire, England based indie band The Struts. I coincidently know Gethin, who joined the band earlier this year. However this is no reason for my judgment of the music to be biased in anyway, and I believe any band/artist’s music should be judged on that alone.Their single I Just Know (released in May 2012) has a classic blues rock vibe to it, which is a hard sound to dislike! The riff is simple, but has you nodding your head along from the get go which can only be seen to be a good sign. On the production side of things, the song has a really full sound to it, giving an anthemic feel. Along with the instrumental composition, the vocals particularly distinguishable; with a resemblance to Kill It Kid (One Little Indian) vocalist Chris Turpin. The sound of the band as a whole is great, and you can imagine the enormous sound being transferred to a sweaty live environment with ease; Possibly giving the song an entirely new lease of life.At a mere two and a half minutes, the single itself allows us to get a real feel for the essence of the band. The song bounces between the massive riff and Spiller’s Vocals alone with drums, giving the vocals a real opportunity to shine. Hopefully The Struts have plenty more songs of equal strength in their arsenal, and if so they have real potential.

Album:

Derby, UK rocking glamsters THE STRUTS are releasing their second full-length album "Young & Dangerous" on October 26, 2018, full of swagger and catchy hooks bringing back the sweet and dirty spirit of glam to modern rock & roll.With their glitzy-yet-scrappy aesthetic - not to mention frontman Luke Spiller’s snarling vocals - The Struts might seem to have stepped straight out of the ‘70s / early '80s yet with a potent updated sound.Imagine a Slade-crazed 2000's version fronted by a man who delivers each and every "R" with a brazen alveolar trill in a voice that's an amalgam of Freddie Mercury, Dee Snider, and New York Dolls' David Johansen, "Young & Dangerous" is not a subtle album.It's all pomp, circumstance, bluster, and nasty, sugary goodness; an 13-track set of hook-laden, radio-ready party songs that embrace both sleaze and glam.Luke Spiller is a born frontman. He's got the Jagger swagger, but where Mick's antics invoked the American south, Spiller is a purely East Midlands creation, and like The Darkness' Justin Hawkins, his flamboyant English delivery will likely be the barometer listeners use to gauge the duration of their stay.The songs themselves are largely formulaic, but delivered with such gusto that it's easy to forgive the chicanery behind them.Bawdy, ballsy, silly, and sweet, standouts like "Body Talks" (with some The Sweet on it), the catchy as Hell "Primadonna Like Me", the sexy "Bulletproof Baby", or the hard hitting guitar driven "Fire" will likely appeal to a wide range of classic rock / rock&pop enthusiasts.The band try something different with "Who Am I?", some kind of heavy-funk disco-heavy with good results, and in 'Body Talks (feat. Kesha)' they do retro glam but modern, same with semi-ballad "Somebody New", a clever mix of '80s pop but with an eye put in the 2018 charts.There's an inevitable feel of Queen in "Tatler Magazine" (love it), bringing to my mind Space Elevator (the band) yet with a Seventies feel.These four small-city boys have managed to create a thirteen track whirlwind, each song with more energy and personality than many established acts doing this type of retro things.What I like about The Struts and "Young & Dangerous" is the amalgam of the old with the new, never sounding outdated but at the same time not too modern, keeping things classic rock with authenticity.

Line Up:

Gethin Davies - Drums

Tracklist:

01. Body Talks (2:58)
02. Primadonna Like Me (3:23)
03. In Love With A Camera (3:22)
04. Bulletproof Baby (3:13)
05. Who Am I? (3:16)
06. People (3:28)
07. Fire (Part 1) (4:12)
08. Somebody New (3:57)
09. Tatler Magazine (3:04)
10. I Do It So Well (3:18)
11. Freak Like You (3:17)
12. Ashes (Part 2) (4:36)
13. Body Talks (Feat. Kesha) (2:57

+ Video "Body Talks" (Official Video)

Obrázok Obrázok

Obrázok

Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

The Struts - Young & Dangerous (Japan Edition) (2018)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2018 (Japan Edition)
Audio : 320 kbps + scans + Video
Size : 151 mb

Bio:

Album:

Derby, UK rocking glamsters THE STRUTS presented their second full-length album "Young & Dangerous" last October, and darn, for may of us in this staff it's one of the best albums of the year, full of swagger and catchy hooks bringing back the sweet and dirty spirit of retro / glam to modern rock & roll.What better way than this Japanese Edition, a worthwhile purchase as it includes two very good exclusive bonus tracks.With their glitzy-yet-scrappy aesthetic - not to mention frontman Luke Spiller’s snarling vocals - The Struts might seem to have stepped straight out of the ‘70s / early '80s yet with a potent updated sound.Imagine a Slade-crazed 2000's version fronted by a man who delivers each and every "R" with a brazen alveolar trill in a voice that's an amalgam of Freddie Mercury, Dee Snider, and New York Dolls' David Johansen, "Young & Dangerous" is not a subtle album.It's all pomp, circumstance, bluster, and nasty, sugary goodness; a 50 minutes of hook-laden, radio-ready party songs that embrace both sleaze and glam.Luke Spiller is a born frontman. He's got the Jagger swagger, but where Mick's antics invoked the American south, Spiller is a purely East Midlands creation, and like The Darkness' Justin Hawkins, his flamboyant English delivery will likely be the barometer listeners use to gauge the duration of their stay.The songs themselves are largely formulaic, but delivered with such gusto that it's easy to forgive the chicanery behind them.Bawdy, ballsy, silly, and sweet, standouts like "Body Talks" (with some The Sweet on it), the catchy as Hell "Primadonna Like Me", the sexy "Bulletproof Baby", or the hard hitting guitar driven "Fire" will likely appeal to a wide range of classic rock / rock&pop enthusiasts.The band try something different with "Who Am I?", some kind of heavy-funk disco-heavy with good results, and in 'Body Talks (feat. Kesha)' they do retro glam but modern, same with semi-ballad "Somebody New", a clever mix of '80s pop but with an eye put in the 2018 charts.There's an inevitable feel of Queen in "Tatler Magazine" (love it), bringing to my mind Space Elevator (the band) yet with a Seventies feel.The Japanese exclusive bonus are great; the anthemic "21St Century Dandy" kills, some crazy mix of H.E.A.T, Queen and Angel / Giuffria... yeah, you read well.The other bonus is a midtempo titled 'One Night Only', with a radio-ready chorus... well, at least 1981 FM radio. Check the lovely Brian May-like guitars.These four small-city boys have managed to create a thirteen track whirlwind, each song with more energy and personality than many established acts doing this type of retro things.What I like about The Struts and "Young & Dangerous" is the amalgam of the old with the new, never sounding outdated but at the same time not too modern, keeping things classic rock with authenticity.

Line Up:

Gethin Davies - Drums

Tracklist:

01. Body Talks (2:58)
02. Primadonna Like Me (3:23)
03. In Love With A Camera (3:22)
04. Bulletproof Baby (3:13)
05. Who Am I? (3:16)
06. People (3:28)
07. Fire (Part 1) (4:12)
08. Somebody New (3:57)
09. Tatler Magazine (3:04)
10. I Do It So Well (3:18)
11. Freak Like You (3:17)
12. Ashes (Part 2) (4:36)
13. Body Talks (Feat. Kesha) (2:57)
14. 21St Century Dandy (Japan Bonus Track)
15. One Night Only (Japan Bonus Track)

+ Video "Body Talks" (Official Video)

Obrázok Obrázok

Obrázok

Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

The Struts - Strange Days (2020)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2020
Audio : 320 kbps + scans
Size : 105 mb

Bio:

Album:

The Struts' new album, Strange Days, will be released on October 16th. The band, who had not been together since February, all received COVID-19 tests before moving into producer Jon Levine's home. Sleeping on couches and air mattresses, the rock project was written/recorded with urgency: 10 songs in 10 days! Features Albert Hammond Jr (The Strokes), Robbie Williams, Tom Morello and Def Leppard's Joe Elliott & Phil Collen. With a cover of KISS' "Do You Love Me". Mixed by Claudius Mittendorfer.

Line Up:

Gethin Davies - Drums

Tracklist:

01. The Struts & Robbie Williams - Strange Days (04:53)
02. All Dressed Up (With Nowhere To Go) (03:51)
03. Do You Love Me (03:23)
04. The Struts, Phil Collen & Joe Elliott - I Hate How Much I Want You (03:23)
05. The Struts & Tom Morello - Wild Child (03:42)
06. Cool (06:21)
07. Burn It Down (04:46)
08. The Struts & Albert Hammond Jr. - Another Hit Of Showmanship (03:42)
09. Can't Sleep (03:14)
10. Am I Talking To The Champagne (Or Talking To You) (05:47)

Obrázok Obrázok

Obrázok

Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 06 Nov 2023, 10:48

The Struts - Pretty Vicious (2023)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2023
Style : Classic Rock , Glam Rock
Audio : 320 kbps + scans
Size : 102 mb

Bio:

Album:

THE STRUTS erupted onto the music scene with their behemoth anthem “Could’ve Been Me” introducing the world to their timeless classic rock sound. With their acclaimed debut Everybody Wants, the British rockers cemented their reputation as a must-see act bringing their energetic tracks alive on stage with larger-than-life performances.Following on from 2020’s ‘Strange Days’ which featured the likes of Joe Elliott and Phil Collen as guests, their awaited new, 4th album “Pretty Vicious” embodies that raw, raucous nature of their live shows, fusing their arena-size energy into their most honest and exciting songs to date.Co-produced by The Struts alongside Julian Raymond (Fleetwood Mac, Cheap Trick) rocks with a glammy attitude, swagger, catchy tunes and a lot of fun.It says much about The Struts and their pouting, peacocking swagger that, even when it arrives at a time when everyone’s talking about how the Rolling Stones have made their best album since the ’70s and sound like men a quarter of their age, it’s taken none of the gloss off the flamboyant Derby crew’s fourth album. Like Mick Jagger, Luke Spiller is a man who sounds like he treats Tesco Express like Wembley Stadium in 1978, and probably dresses for the occasion.It’s an energy all present and correct on ”Pretty Vicious”, as ever, bleeding glittering charisma and charm and oh-so-shagadelic character all over everything.Largely, it’s a blast. Opener Too Good At Raising Hell even sets things off with a riff that doesn’t even hide the kissy faces it’s making a Keith Richards. Do What You Want is a rocket-powered glammy stomp.Rockstar lives up to its title, coming on somewhere between Guns N’ Roses and Creeper, with Luke promising that, ‘If you’re looking for a little bit of trouble then you came to the right place.’ Hell yeah, you think. In Struts world, the only two days of the week are Friday and Saturday, and then only the night-time bits. Hell yeah.But there’s frequently a sense of knowing that the palace of excess isn’t a great place to live long-term as well. Too Good At Raising Hell finds Luke questioning the wisdom of ‘Staying at a party when everyone’s left’, albeit while preening like Austin Powers in a particularly fabulous mood, while on the piano-led Hands On Me he notes that, ‘It must be bad cos all my friends are recommending therapy’. ‘Feel like I’m barely holding on, lack of sleep from what I’ve done,’ he reflects on Bad Decision, adding that ‘The hotel bathroom’s filled with smoke, I wrote this down to help me cope.’A drag, though? Never. As a born star, Luke Spiller remains a thriller, even when he’s taking a moment away from waggling his eyebrows like a Midlands Steven Tyler. And even if the songs sometimes lack quite enough bite, being too good at raising hell hasn’t stopped The Struts continuing to make music to do it to.

Line Up:

Gethin Davies - Drums

Tracklist:

01. Too Good At Raising Hell
02. Pretty Vicious
03. I Won’t Run
04. Hands On Me
05. Do What You Want
06. Rockstar
07. Remember The Name
08. Bad Decisions
09. Better Love
10. Gimme Some Blood
11. Somebody Someday

Obrázok Obrázok

Obrázok

Návrat na "HARD Rock, MELODIC Rock, AOR, BLUES Rock, GLAM & SLEAZE Rock"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 59 neregistrovaných