Sam Millar (ENGLAND)

Hard Rock, Melodic Rock , AOR , Blues Rock , Glam & Sleaze Rock , West Coast , Christian Rock
Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Sam Millar (ENGLAND)

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 25 Jún 2020, 08:06

Sam Millar - Holy Sass (EP) (2019)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2019
Style : Melodic Hard Rock , AOR
Audio : 320 kbps + scans + Video
Size : 139 mb

Bio:

Sam Millar is a musician, writer and producer from Greater Manchester, England. For a few years Sam was the guitarist and main songwriter in British rock band Bigfoot. Bigfoot released 2 EP’s and then went on to release their self titled album in 2017 under Frontiers Records which charted as a top 40 albums in the UK on its release. Despite multiple successful tours and releases with Bigfoot the band came to end and did a farewell tour in 2019.Since Bigfoot Sam has released his first solo effort ‘Holy Sass’ with a follow up coming in June 2020 followed by some supporting live dates whilst planning future projects.Sam is available for collaborations, studio & live performances, session work, guitar lessons, production and mixing services.

Album:

A solo EP from Bigfoot guitarist.SAM MILLAR is embarking on a conquest to revitalise the traditionally charming elements of alternative music, by effortlessly blending rock and country. His upcoming EP, ‘Holy Sass’, embodies the buzzing vibe of festivals that are paled by the oncoming sunset, clustered with beer-clutching, long-haired spirits and misted with invigorating music.The fizzing anticipation surrounding the release of ‘Holy Sass’ is justified, as following the release of single, ‘Strangers’, an ethereal track lined with lyrical hope and great instrumental velocity, SAM MILLAR has cemented his obvious talent and ardour. He is assuring his audience that he is creatively capable as a solo act, branching out from his continued position as guitarist and songwriter in British hard rock band, Bigfoot, to explore his own endeavours and highlight his spanning vision as a musician. His obvious aptitude is celebrated in ‘Holy Sass’. Loud and clear.Opening track, ‘Eyes’, kicks into action, pumping with a severity that does nothing less than reel the audience into the imminent medley of vibrant guitars and memorable melodies. This track serves perfectly as an introduction to SAM MILLAR himself - the energy displayed is intoxicating, encouraging the audience to grow their hair out simply so they can thrash it around for the remainder of the EP.SAM MILLAR is clearly aware of the jolting impact of solid drum beats, re-introducing them at the peak of the EP, ‘Let Me Yet’. Palm mutes underline the track before bursting into bewitching guitar hooks that are embroidered into ‘Let Me Yet’ in its entirety, allowing the third track to act as the pinnacle of ‘Holy Sass’. It is evident that SAM MILLAR has adequately meshed the teachings of his musical influences (Brian May, Zakk Wylde, Slash) into his own work to concoct a smooth, satisfying song that does nothing but justice to the classic rock genre as a whole.‘Lost In Translation’ momentarily dials down the amp, stripping SAM MILLAR down to his bare acoustics and raw melodic ability. Sombre chords build on isolated vocals and gently escalate into guitar-work that doesn’t outweigh the vulnerability that is prevalent within the first portion of the track. ‘Lost In Translation’ is a tasteful step down from the uncensored rock-and-roll vibe of the rest of the EP, garnishing ‘Holy Sass’ with an emotive element, thus defying the mindless shredding often portrayed in the scene.SAM MILLAR has refused to distinguish the consuming buzz of hard rock music, presenting it in all its honeyed glory. However, ‘Holy Sass’ defies the archetypal features of the genre, delivering it in a suave leather package, due for release on 30th August.

Line-Up:

Sam Millar - vocals , guitar (ex-BIGFOOT)

Tracklist:

01. Radio Gouda
02. Human
03. Forbidden
04. Let it Rain
05. Sober
06. Levi’s

+ Video "Let Me Yet" (Official Video)

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Re: Sam Millar (GBR)

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 25 Jún 2020, 08:07

Sam Millar - Radio Gouda (EP) (2020)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2020
Audio : 320 kbps + scans
Size : 139 mb

Bio:

Sam Millar is a musician, writer and producer from Greater Manchester, England. For a few years Sam was the guitarist and main songwriter in British rock band Bigfoot. Bigfoot released 2 EP’s and then went on to release their self titled album in 2017 under Frontiers Records which charted as a top 40 albums in the UK on its release. Despite multiple successful tours and releases with Bigfoot the band came to end and did a farewell tour in 2019.Since Bigfoot Sam has released his first solo effort ‘Holy Sass’ with a follow up coming in June 2020 followed by some supporting live dates whilst planning future projects.Sam is available for collaborations, studio & live performances, session work, guitar lessons, production and mixing services.

Album:

If you’re on the scene you’ll be familiar with Sam’s previous band and fan favourite Bigfoot, they caught my eye at HRH Ibiza a few years ago and have been on my radar ever since, following the unfortunate demise of Bigfoot last year Sam is now flying solo. The harder edge has gone and has been replaced by unashamed AOR heaven that takes me right back to Maxime’s AOR rock nights in Wigan circa 1998! Add to that a tinge of Paul Gilbert-esque quirkiness and wrap it up in a feel good 80’s movie soundtrack and we’ve got ‘Radio Gouda’ pegged!Following in the same vein as his first solo album last years ‘Holy Sass’, ‘Radio Gouda’ is the perfect summer E.P. pop this on and I am instantly cruising the pacific coast highway in the back of Corey Haim’s red convertible with not a care in the world. Snap back to real life in my garden, it’s 26 degrees and I’m singing along with a smile on my face and a cold glass of lambrini (we’re not posh here!) reminiscing about friends and good times, the feel good factor is turned up to eleven on this E.P.Make no mistake Sam can write a tune, these songs are all real earworms that you’ll find yourself unwittingly humming all day every day. Is it a cheeky bit of Van Halen or Damn Yankees, no it’s ‘Sober’ my current favourite earworm of the E.P. closely followed by ‘Forbidden’.Wearing his heart firmly on his CD sleeve, the lyrical content has a certain innocence about it that belies his sense of humour, which is clearly displayed on ‘Levi’s’, this is where the Paul Gilbert-isms come into play of genius meets cheese and you’re never quite sure which it is. Lockdown has certainly made all our Levi’s feel too tight, although I doubt that is what our Sammy is alluding to here.I warn you now, after a few listens you will be unable to go about your day without unwittingly finding yourself singing out loud at any given moment, passers by will stare, your boss will ask why you’re singing about tight Levi’s during a zoom meeting and the shop assistant will impatiently wait to give you your change whilst you tell them that ‘the good times never dieeeee they’re alive and kickin’ and you’ll just roll your eyes and tell them it’s that bloody new Sam Millar E.P. it’s taken up permanent residence in my head!I think it will be great to see these songs performed live (one day sans coronavirus) for a real feel good singalong and some cool guitar shredding thrown in to dial up the cool factor.All hail the chorus, long live the chorus!!! I can already tell this will be the soundtrack to my summer days.

Line-Up:

Tracklist:

01. Radio Gouda
02. Human
03. Forbidden
04. Let it Rain
05. Sober
06. Levi’s

Obrázok Obrázok

Obrázok

Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Re: Sam Millar (ENGLAND)

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 23 Jan 2024, 11:55

Sam Millar - More Cheese Please (2023)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2023
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans
Size : 109 mb

Bio:

Album:

Back in 2017 and after two EPs, the much vaunted British Classic Rockers Bigfoot released their self-titled debut album but, just a little over a year later, and with far less fanfare, the band quietly disappeared. Now guitarist and main songwriter SAM MILLAR has a solo career and delivered a very enjoyable album three years ago.With a new band and ready to hit the road, SAM MILLAR is releasing a new album today titled “More Cheese Please“. There’s a lot of humour within the title, as the music Millar play these days was considered cheesy back in the day by some rancid journalists:“More Cheese Please” is all about feel-good ’80s influenced melodic hard rock with an AORish radio friendly approach. Since first track “The “Killing Floor” – a melodic rock&pop gem that wouldn’t be out of place on any Midnite City album – this CD is simply delicious.Next “Fooling Yourself” starts off with an ’80s new wave keyboard feel before breaking into another jaunty, chorus driven, midtempo enjoyable track.“Something I’ll Regret” is ever so slightly tinged with funk whilst retaining the feel of being a perfect soundtrack inclusion to any ’80s John Hughes movie which, of course is no bad thing, and the lengthy “When The Summer Ends” comes across as a light, summertime tune.“Chardonnay” is pure power-pop and “Showbiz” is an era-defying nugget that could easily have been recorded by Tim Karr or even Brett Smiley, while “Forget You” owes more than a passing nod to Kenny Loggins’ “Footloose” before becoming a joyous glammy stomp.“Dancing On My Own” is another toe-tapper that for some reason made me think of Richard Marx in all his mid-’80s pomp, and consequently plastered a grin on this otherwise miserable face!“Déjà Vu” is an atmospheric slice of semi-balladry with yet another memorable chorus, and “Neanderthal Man” throws every MOR trick in the book, including pitch perfect harmonies and a cool but unobtrusive guitar solo into the mix and it all comes together very successfully too; before the smooth album closer “Meet Me Halfway” supplies further delicate harmonizing and another effective solo.“More Cheese Please” packs the music style Sam Millar loves, all produced by himself as well as handling all the perfectly suited guitar and vocals. The touring band members also contributed musically with particular kudos going to the rhythm section, backing vocals and harmonies.This is a lovely collection of radio-ready, infectious melodic rock&pop joy that will have you yearning for more innocent times while you roll up the sleeves of your jacket and keep the party going by playing it all over again.

Line-Up:

Lucy Shevchuck – guitar, backing vocals
James Thorley – keyboards
Benji Faith – bass
Alex Lacy – drums, backing vocal

Tracklist:

01. The Killing Floor (4:07)
02. Fooling Yourself (4:56)
03. Something I'll Regret (3:29)
04. When The Summer Ends (4:51)
05. Chardonnay (3:57)
06. Showbiz (3:15)
07. Forget You (3:25)
08. Dancing On My Own (4:54)
09. Déjà Vu (3:11)
10. Neanderthal Man (4:28)
11. Meet Me Halfway (5:04)

Obrázok Obrázok

Obrázok

Návrat na "HARD Rock, MELODIC Rock, AOR, BLUES Rock, GLAM & SLEAZE Rock"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 27 neregistrovaných