Landslide (USA)

Hard Rock, Melodic Rock , AOR , Blues Rock , Glam & Sleaze Rock , West Coast , Christian Rock
Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Landslide (USA)

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 15 Jan 2020, 08:51

Landslide - Is Hard Rock (1987)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 1987
Style : Melodic Hard Rock , Hair Metal
Audio : 256 kbps + all scans
Size : 138 mb

Bio:

Landslide is a hard rock band hailed from Denver, Colorado formed in 1987.After few demo songs they released their first complete work on that record titled “Is Hard Rock” came out in 1987 independently. The album contain 7-tracks and althought the production is not superb there’re some tunes that worth your attention. The keyboard driven “I Had a Dream” and the ballad “Streets Cry Lonely” are the two songs that stand out that easily can complete a hard rock collection. The band play the 80s typical hard rock with many keys, harmony backing vocals and great guitar riffs, but for me the keys are the best part on this record. The rest of the song cross between hard rock with a funky attitude some times but well arranged. So far the album released in limited copies only on vinyl and it’s hard to be found…

Album:

In the late 80’s, LANDSLIDE became Denver Colorado’s top-drawing original act all the while generating quite a buzz due to exposure from radio airplay.Landslide was formed in 1987..this was the same year they released their self-titled, self produced album entitled “Landslide Is Hard Rock” on cassette and vinyl. Originally hailing from Denver, Colorado, the band decided to make the move to the heart of hair metal - Los Angeles, California, but in doing so lost their keyboard player Thrills.Those 7 songs consist of the first album “Is Hard Rock”. The best of this bunch is “Spiked Heel Love” which really foreshadows the L.A. sound they were looking to adopt at a later point and a great sleazy anthem in its own right.This is a good release and an interesting trip to see the band progress through the years and I feel Landslide could be grouped with and sit nicely besides bands like Mariah, Wildside, Brunette (pre Hardline), etc, not quite glam - not full on AOR but part of the hair metal daze.

Line-Up:

Keith "QQik" Cunningham - Guitars (lead)
Filthy Ritch Petras - Drums
Streak - Vocals (lead)
Haze - Bass
Phillip "Thrills" Anderson - Keyboards, Synth

Tracklist:

01. Landslide
02. I Had A Dream
03. Streets Cry Lonely Again
04. Spiked Heel Love
05. I Need You Baby
06. My Love Is Taken
07. Rad Chicks Dancing

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Re: Landslide (USA)

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 15 Jan 2020, 08:55

Landslide - Landslide Is Hard Rock + Bad Reputation + More (2017)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2018
Style : Melodic Hard Rock , Melodic Heavy Metal
Audio : 320 kbps + front
Size : 129 mb

Bio:

In the late 80’s, Landslide became Denver Colorado’s top-drawing original act all the while generating quite a buzz due to exposure from radio airplay. Landslide was formed in 1987 in Denver Colorado; this was the same year they released their self-titled, self produced album entitled “Landslide Is Hard Rock” on cassette and vinyl. So lead singer Str33k, guitarist Keith Quick, drummer Filthy Ritch, and bassist Haze set their sights on conquering the Hard Rock music capital of the world (Los Angeles) ~ Keyboardist Phil Anderson was unable to make the move with the guys of Landslide.Landslide set up camp in East Los Angeles and opted to keep the band a 4 piece by not replacing the Keyboardist position. The new version of Landslide was a more streetwise, leaner, and meaner; they were “hungry” and wanted to show that they could hang with the “Big Dogs” – and soon they would!By 1989, Landslide was headlining and selling-out every major venue on the Sunset Strip (the Whisky A-Go-Go, Roxy Theatre, Gazzari’s, and the Troubadour). Momentum was carrying the band fast forward and interest in releasing a new album came in the form of UK label G.I. Records. The band quickly recorded and released “Bad Reputation” – quite possible the bands strongest album. Rave reviews spread across Europe and packed gigs followed. This brought about more major label interest and the band was able to record seven more tracks to showcase to all the interested A&R guys.As success seemed right in the bands grasp and they were in reach of that golden mountaintop; there was a literal “Landslide” within the band…and it all came tumbling down. To this day, the band will just tell you that they broke up in 1991 due to “personal reasons” and “irreconcilable differences.” There is no interest in tarnishing a bands reputation – especially that of a band that did more in four short years than most of their contemporaries and counterparts did in a decade chasing that “golden ticket”.Landslide is so pleased, thanks to FnA Records, to have the seven never-before released songs finally heard, in conjunction with the bands two vinyl/cassette releases, “Landslide Is Hard Rock” and “Bad Reputation”.We (Landslide) would like to thank everyone throughout the years who have shown such love and support. Especially, we would like to thank our friends and families (too many to name), but you all know who you are. Thank You!!This CD is dedicated to the memory of our dear friend/brother, Str33k; May your music live on forever – you are dearly missed.

Album:

In the late 80’s, LANDSLIDE became Denver Colorado’s top-drawing original act all the while generating quite a buzz due to exposure from radio airplay. Landslide was formed in 1987; this was the same year they released their self-titled, self produced album entitled “Landslide Is Hard Rock” on cassette and vinyl. Now the album is being released on CD for the first time plus lots of unreleased material under the title "Landslide Is Hard Rock + Bad Reputation + More".Originally hailing from Denver, Colorado, the band decided to make the move to the heart of hair metal — Los Angeles, California — but in doing so lost their keyboard player Thrills.Those first songs (tracks 1-7 ) consist of the first album "Landslide Is Hard Rock". The best of this bunch is “Spiked Heel Love” which really foreshadows the L.A. sound they were looking to adopt at a later point and a great sleazy anthem in its own right.So with the move to the Sunset Strip, the later songs really begin to ratchet up the heavy rock factor and I found myself more drawn into this grouping of tunes.These are from the "Bad Reputation"album (only cassette) and it’s like the guys realized they needed to adjust and step up their game. All the songs are more party anthem rockers and heavier but catchy just the same. I like how the bass player, Haze, is a bit more prominent in the songs and more of a standout player. The same can be said for drummer “Filthy Rich.”Then there's the "Cassette Demos (1989-1991)" which are fun and include some of the band's best tracks in "Gang Drinkin Brother", and party hair metal in "Tommy No One Wants Your Roses".This is a good release and an interesting trip to see the band progress through the years and I feel Landslide could be grouped with and sit nicely besides bands like Mariah, Wildside, Brunette (pre Hardline), etc, not quite glam — not full on AOR but part of the hair metal daze.Sound quality varies, most of these tracks are taken from cassette, but enough to taste the band and to collect more previously unreleased stuff.

Line Up:

Streek - Vocals
Keith QQik - Guitars
Haze - Bass
"Filthy Ritch" Petras - Drums
Thrills - Synths

Tracklist:

Landslide Is Hard Rock album (1987):

01. Landslide
02. I Had A Dream
03. Streets Cry Lonely Again
04. Spiked Heel Love
05. I Need You Baby
06. My Love Is Taken
07. Rad Chicks Dancing

Bad Reputation album (1989):

08. Bad Reputation
09. Love Aint Pretty
10. Hands Up
11. I Dare You To Love Me
12. I Cant Remember
13. Lets Dance

Cassette Demos (1989-1991):

14. Tommy No One Wants Your Roses
15. Accidental Suicide
16. Whisper
17. Gang Drinkin Brother
18. Kissin The Lips Of A Stranger
19. Full Blown Alcoholic
20. Whisper Acoustic Version

Obrázok Obrázok

Obrázok

Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "HARD Rock, MELODIC Rock, AOR, BLUES Rock, GLAM & SLEAZE Rock"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 16 neregistrovaných