Target (USA)

Hard Rock, Melodic Rock , AOR , Blues Rock , Glam & Sleaze Rock , West Coast , Christian Rock
Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Target (USA)

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 07 Jan 2020, 12:16

Target - Captured (1977) (Rock Candy Remastered 2016)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 1977 (Rock Candy Remastered 2016)
Style : Melodic Rock
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans
Size : 169 mb

Bio:

Target was an exciting US quintet from Memphis that featured the legendary Jimi Jamison (Cobra, Survivor) on vocals. They released two albums on A&M in 1976 ("Target") and 1977 ("Captured"). However, it has come to light that a third album was recorded in 1979, entitled “In Range”, before the band split in 1982.While vocalist Jimi Jamison did go on to greater heights - thanks to his stints fronting Cobraand Survivor, not to mention releasing an impressive catalogue of solo records – Target was the band with whom he first made the progression from playing the bars and clubs to touring as a major label act opening for the likes of Black Sabbath and Styx. However, the debut Target LP wasn’t the singer’s first album recording credit. Nor bassist Tommy Cathey’s either. Having started to work together in a band called Omaha in the early 70s, an opportunity to hook up with another project was just too good to miss, as the latter explains: “After a stint in Omaha with Jimi, we both wanted to explore the chances of original music”, recalls Cathey. “David Beaver had been doing original music for a couple of years so we gravitated to that. We did two records with D. Beaver, of which only one was released (‘Combinations’ on the TMI label in 1973). Right after the second record, Jimi and I were ready to take the splash into forming our own band to do original music, so we teamed up with guitarist/organist Buddy Davis and formed Target. We still played cover music to pay the bills, but all along writing our own music and trying to be a good rock and roll band!” The band toured substantially back then and it was a shame that the band split before that third release saw the light of day "In Range" was recorded in the autumn of 1979. It took the band about two to three weeks to do this third album. What an album it is though! This is Target’s best recording, chock full of quality songs and musicianship. It's criminal it has laid dormant for so long, but here it is for you on Escape Music.Here is what bassist Tommy Cathey says about the recording: “I think what I'm most proud of with the third album is the maturity of our songs and the developing sound we were getting in the studio. This album doesn't sound like the first two and I consider it to be the best of the three! We produced it ourselves and I think you can tell the distinction from the first two albums. The third album is all Target with no outside help or direction! I am very proud of our efforts and I hope all our fans and a new generation of fans will appreciate the music!”

Album:

TARGET was the first band bringing the great Jimi Jamison to major attention releasing a pair of albums for A&M never officially appeared on CD before now with the special remastered treatment by Rock Candy Records. Target second and final album “Captured” includes 6 bonus tracks in this reissue.During the Seventies, Memphis was a hot bed of musical talent. Sure, its blues and r ‘n’ b roots had always been proudly on display, but with the explosion of FM radio, bigger live venues, and the establishment of a renown studio (Ardent), the city seemed to be providing its home grown musicians with an opportunity to set the world on fire.None of these possibilities were lost on Target, a cabal of tough rockers keen to stamp their identity on the local scene and beyond.Riding a wave of creativity and seeking to maximise their already solid reputation as a band to watch, Target took the recording of this, their second album, with an impressive sense of purpose.Their debut album had been well received, but “Captured” showcased a band looking to maximise not only their sound but also their image, profile and appeal.Retaining their South bluesy roots, the album was recorded by producer Paul Hornsby (the Allman Brothers Band, Marshall Tucker Band) at the famed Capricorn Studios in Macon, Georgia.Tougher than the debut, the album oozes a decidedly British influence, bringing to mind the likes of Humble Pie, Bad Company and Trapeze, with vocalist Jimi Jamison developing his unique, velvety rasp, which would later serve him well as the frontman of Survivor.Sadly, swamped by insurmountable business and managerial problems, Target eventually dissolved, leaving behind two fine but now little known albums.Fortunately Rock Candy come to the rescue with this stupendous remastering, plus the only Target live recordings (Jamison rocks) available as bonus.

Line Up:

Jimi Jamison (vocals) R.I.P 2014 (Ex-Survivor, Voices of Classic Rock, Cobra...)
Buddy Davis – lead guitar, keyboards, vocals
Paul Cannon – lead guitar
Tommy Cathey – bass, vocals
David Spain – drums, percussion

Tracklist:

01. It’s Only Love
02. Shine The Light
03. Runaway
04. Just For You
05. Maybe In Time
06. Make Our Dreams Come True
07. Holdin’ On
08. Rock And Roll Laureate
09. Holdin’ On (Live 1978) (Bonus Track)
10. Runaway (Live 1978) (Bonus Track)
11. Make Our Dreams Come True (Live 1978) (Bonus Track)
12. Just For You (Live 1978) (Bonus Track)
13. Maybe In Time (Live 1978) (Bonus Track)
14. It’s Only Love (Live 1978) (Bonus Track)

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Re: Target (USA)

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 07 Jan 2020, 12:20

Target - In Range (2017)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2017
Style : Melodic Rock
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans
Size : 169 mb

Bio:

Target was an exciting US quintet from Memphis that featured the legendary Jimi Jamison (Cobra, Survivor) on vocals. They released two albums on A&M in 1976 ("Target") and 1977 ("Captured"). However, it has come to light that a third album was recorded in 1979, entitled “In Range”, before the band split in 1982.While vocalist Jimi Jamison did go on to greater heights - thanks to his stints fronting Cobraand Survivor, not to mention releasing an impressive catalogue of solo records – Target was the band with whom he first made the progression from playing the bars and clubs to touring as a major label act opening for the likes of Black Sabbath and Styx. However, the debut Target LP wasn’t the singer’s first album recording credit. Nor bassist Tommy Cathey’s either. Having started to work together in a band called Omaha in the early 70s, an opportunity to hook up with another project was just too good to miss, as the latter explains: “After a stint in Omaha with Jimi, we both wanted to explore the chances of original music”, recalls Cathey. “David Beaver had been doing original music for a couple of years so we gravitated to that. We did two records with D. Beaver, of which only one was released (‘Combinations’ on the TMI label in 1973). Right after the second record, Jimi and I were ready to take the splash into forming our own band to do original music, so we teamed up with guitarist/organist Buddy Davis and formed Target. We still played cover music to pay the bills, but all along writing our own music and trying to be a good rock and roll band!” The band toured substantially back then and it was a shame that the band split before that third release saw the light of day "In Range" was recorded in the autumn of 1979. It took the band about two to three weeks to do this third album. What an album it is though! This is Target’s best recording, chock full of quality songs and musicianship. It's criminal it has laid dormant for so long, but here it is for you on Escape Music.Here is what bassist Tommy Cathey says about the recording: “I think what I'm most proud of with the third album is the maturity of our songs and the developing sound we were getting in the studio. This album doesn't sound like the first two and I consider it to be the best of the three! We produced it ourselves and I think you can tell the distinction from the first two albums. The third album is all Target with no outside help or direction! I am very proud of our efforts and I hope all our fans and a new generation of fans will appreciate the music!”

Album:

"In Range" was recorded in the autumn of 1979: it took the band about two to three weeks to do this third album. What an album it is though, this is Target’s best recording, chock full of quality songs and musicianship. Its criminal it has laid dormant for so long, but here it is for you on Escape Music.

Line Up:

Jimi Jamison (vocals) R.I.P (Ex-Survivor, Voices of Classic Rock, Cobra...)
Paul Cannon (guitar)
Buddy Davis (guitar)
Tommy Cathey (bass)
David Spain (drums)

Tracklist:

01. Tightwire
02. Love Magician
03. Too Much Good Lovin’
04. Hold Tight
05. Taxman
06. Means That Much
07. Come On
08. A Place Called Hot
09. Don’t You Think Its Time
10. Echo Tango (demo) (Bonus Track)

Obrázok Obrázok

Obrázok

Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "HARD Rock, MELODIC Rock, AOR, BLUES Rock, GLAM & SLEAZE Rock"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 18 neregistrovaných