Saint Asonia (CAN)

Hard Rock, Melodic Rock , AOR , Blues Rock , Glam & Sleaze Rock , West Coast , Christian Rock
Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Saint Asonia (CAN)

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 13 Júl 2019, 11:14

Saint Asonia - Saint Asonia (European Edition) (2015)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2015
Style : Modern Hard Rock , Post-Grunge
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans + Video
Size : 153 mb

Bio:

Saint Asonia (stylized SΔINT ΔSONIΔ) formed in Toronto in 2014 is a Canadian-American rock band consisting of Adam Gontier (lead vocals, rhythm guitar), Mike Mushok (lead guitar), Corey Lowery (bass), and Rich Beddoe (drums), released their debut album Saint Asonia on July 31, 2015. The album was produced by Johnny K.The band released their first teaser early May 2015, which featured the fact that "25 Top Ten Rock Singles" were shared between each member, 17 of which are number ones, and teased the band's first single, logo and clips of the band, speculation believed that the line up would consist of Adam Gontier, Mike Mushok, Rich Beddoe and Corey Lowery, however nothing was confirmed until May 16 when the band officially released their first single titled "Better Place", confirming the band's line up in the process, announcing Gontier being the frontman, Mushok being the guitarist, Lowery being the bassist and Beddoe as the drummer.When asked about the title of supergroup, Gontier stated that they are "...more like refugees that just hit it off creatively" while Mushok stated he was looking for a project to do while his main band Staind was on hiatus.The band has secured Johnny K as their producer of their debut album, which is currently in its final stages of completion and is expected to be released in summer, along with tour announcements.The band made their debut live performance at Rock on the Range as the opening act for the main stage on May 16, and were billed as a special guest.Along with their first single, the band performed other original songs such as "Fairy Tale", "Dying Slowly" and "Let Me Live My Life", but also performed cover songs of Three Days Grace, such as I Hate Everything About You and Staind's Mudshovel.The band announced that their debut album will be released on July 31 that same year via RCA Records and will feature 11 tracks.The band released their second single, 'Blow Me Wide Open', on June 29. Saint Asonia have booked a short headlining tour in August 2015, as well as a tour with Seether this fall.

Album:

Saint Asonia is a new post-grunge, hard rock supergroup. To prove their viability, the band likes to point out the seventeen #1 singles that its members have collectively been a part of. And what do you know, the first single off the album, "Better Place," went to #10 and #7 on the American and Canadian rock charts, respectively. Furthermore, it appears that the band will tour extensively following the release of this, their self-titled debut album, indicating that Saint Asonia is more than just a part time side project.The sound of this album, as a whole, has exactly what I expected it to have. Downtuned guitars, predominant power chord passages, post-grunge/catchy vocal melodies, a few ballads, and lots of talk about being wronged by women, it's all there. In addition, the album has eleven songs, all clocking in at over three but less than five minutes. None of this comes as a surprise given the band's lineup: Adam Gontier (Three Days Grace) on vocals/guitar, Mike Mushok (Staind) on lead guitar, Corey Lowery (Eye Empire, Switched, Stereomud, Stuck Mojo) on bass, and Rich Beddoe (Finger Eleven) on drums.And man, I wish they'd gotten together earlier.I mean, look, they didn't invent a new genre with this album. In fact, this band sounds like a lot of other bands from the last fifteen years. But these guys just do it better. Most of the time, a lot better.For example, it has been a long time since I seriously enjoyed the ballads on a predominantly hard rock album. However, Saint Asonia's ballads aren't just good, they are better than their traditional hard rock songs. Yet, I cannot pinpoint a specific way in which the ballads are unique. They just are. For one reason or another, they stand out from what I have heard in the past couple of years. I guess to start with, the band made some excellent choices regarding dynamics. They use acoustic guitars effectively and never over-saturate the songs with them. They also manage the guitars' level of distortion well and include guitar solos that are not showy, but rather are tasteful ("Leaving Minnesota"). Adam Gontier also sounds better on these ballads, where he is relaxed and unstressed compared to the rougher songs of the album.Regarding these "rougher" songs, the largest praise goes to their unity. The riffs are fairly good and the bass/drums rhythm section is fine but when all of it comes together, that is when it becomes clear that this is some of the best music to come from its genre in years.The production of the album goes a long way in helping the crushing, drop-tuned guitars keep their proper context among the bass and drums. Moreover, the producer did a great job accentuating salient instruments at certain intervals in the songs; the listener always has something to pay attention to. Lyrics: Adam Gontier's vocals seem to be the guiding force behind the rest of the music, yet unfortunately, they are just average. His performance is one of the few areas where this album could have been markedly better. As I mentioned before, his voice is a slightly better fit for the ballads than the hard rock songs. That being said, his voice fits the hard rock songs, but he could have had a bit of a more personal flair, something to separate himself from the plethora of vocalists who sound similar. Gontier has good separation between his regular voice and his hard, scream-esque voice, but this is expected from a singer of his caliber.While his vocal performance is average, Adam Gontier's lyrics are below average. Even though the lyrical themes fit the music, the ballads especially, there are instances when it is painfully obvious that Gontier's word choice is lacking (the line is so tacky that it ruins the song's atmosphere for a moment). His pronunciation is superb, which would usually be a positive, but in this case only serves to highlight the poor lyrics. In all honesty though, it could have been much worse and the reality is that the songs sound perfectly fine because his melodies are fine and that is oftentimes all that matters.Overall Impression: Describing why this album is special is hard because it doesn't really possess any unique or novel characteristics. But it is special nevertheless, kind of like a new AC/DC album; it's really the same stuff as before yet it somehow sounds new; even though I want to criticize it for being the same old thing, I just can't.If Saint Asonia wanted a rock radio hit, they have succeeded. If they wanted to gain a new legion of fans, they have probably succeeded. And, if on the off chance they wanted respect and appreciation among guitarists, such as me and other UGers, I think they will be pleasantly surprised.

Line Up:

Adam Gontier (lead vocals, rhythm guitar)
Mike Mushok (lead guitar)
Corey Lowery (bass, backing vocals)
Rich Beddoe (drums)

Tracklist:

01. Better Place
02. Blow Me Wide Open
03. Live My Life
04. Even Though I Say
05. Fairy Tale
06. King Of Nothing
07. Waste My Time
08. Dying Slowly
09. Trying To Catch Up With The World
10. Happy Tragedy
11. Leaving Minnesota
12. No Tomorrow (Bonus Track)
13. Voice In Me (Bonus Track)

+ Video "Better Place" (Official Video)

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Re: Saint Asonia (CAN)

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 02 Dec 2022, 14:31

Saint Asonia - Introvert / Extrovert (2022)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2022
Style : Modern Hard Rock , Post-Grunge
Audio : 320 kbps + front
Size : 123 mb

Bio:

Saint Asonia (stylized SΔINT ΔSONIΔ) formed in Toronto in 2014 is a Canadian-American rock band consisting of Adam Gontier (lead vocals, rhythm guitar), Mike Mushok (lead guitar), Corey Lowery (bass), and Rich Beddoe (drums), released their debut album Saint Asonia on July 31, 2015. The album was produced by Johnny K.The band released their first teaser early May 2015, which featured the fact that "25 Top Ten Rock Singles" were shared between each member, 17 of which are number ones, and teased the band's first single, logo and clips of the band, speculation believed that the line up would consist of Adam Gontier, Mike Mushok, Rich Beddoe and Corey Lowery, however nothing was confirmed until May 16 when the band officially released their first single titled "Better Place", confirming the band's line up in the process, announcing Gontier being the frontman, Mushok being the guitarist, Lowery being the bassist and Beddoe as the drummer.When asked about the title of supergroup, Gontier stated that they are "...more like refugees that just hit it off creatively" while Mushok stated he was looking for a project to do while his main band Staind was on hiatus.The band has secured Johnny K as their producer of their debut album, which is currently in its final stages of completion and is expected to be released in summer, along with tour announcements.The band made their debut live performance at Rock on the Range as the opening act for the main stage on May 16, and were billed as a special guest.Along with their first single, the band performed other original songs such as "Fairy Tale", "Dying Slowly" and "Let Me Live My Life", but also performed cover songs of Three Days Grace, such as I Hate Everything About You and Staind's Mudshovel.The band announced that their debut album will be released on July 31 that same year via RCA Records and will feature 11 tracks.The band released their second single, 'Blow Me Wide Open', on June 29. Saint Asonia have booked a short headlining tour in August 2015, as well as a tour with Seether this fall.

Album:

Hard Rock supergroup Saint Asonia continue to showcase their signature approach to storytelling with two new-and-unheard acoustic tracks alongside both their 2022 EPs ‘Introvert’ and ‘Extrovert’ in their latest combined offering, Introvert/Extrovert.Ask any professional resume reader, and they'll tell you that people often aren't as they appear on paper. In this case, however, they are. As SAINT ASONIA, Adam Gontier (vocals, guitar), Mike Mushok (lead guitar), Cale Gontier (bass) and Cody Watkins (drums) make music exactly as one would expect of former members of THREE DAYS GRACE, STAIND and ART OF DYING, respectively. Relying on simple, repeatable choruses and Gontier's alluring, scratchy voice, they run the hamster wheel of hard rock; mildly entertaining, but utterly predictable.

Line Up:

Adam Gontier (lead vocals, rhythm guitar)
Mike Mushok (lead guitar)
Cale Gontier (bass, backing vocals)
Cody Watkins (drums)

Tracklist:

01. Above It All
02. Better Late Than Never
03. Chew Me Up
04. So What
05. Left Behind
06. Bite the Bullet
07. Blinding Lights
08. Devastate
09. Break the Mold
10. Over It
11. Wolf
12. Better Now
13. Chasing the Light
14. Above It All (Acoustic)
15. Devastate (Acoustic)

Obrázok Obrázok

Obrázok

Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "HARD Rock, MELODIC Rock, AOR, BLUES Rock, GLAM & SLEAZE Rock"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 23 neregistrovaných