Von Groove (CAN)

Hard Rock, Melodic Rock , AOR , Blues Rock , Glam & Sleaze Rock , West Coast , Christian Rock
Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Von Groove (CAN)

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 29 Máj 2019, 07:20

Von Groove - Von Groove (1992) (Z Records Remastered Edition 2014)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 1992 (Z Records Remastered Edition 2014)
Style : Melodic Hard Rock
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans
Size : 165 mb

Bio:

A canadian rock band formed in 1990.Von Groove - Canadian hard rock band came of the late 80's / early 90's hard rock scene. Von Groove came out of the gate with an extremely strong first album of melodic hard rock similar to releases by Damn Yankees, Bad English, Tyketto, Bon Jovi, and Giant. Von Groove's music is melodic, yet without a doubt a hard rock band. The albums is packed with great rock songs and better than average ballads. The musicianship, songwriting, vocals, and production were all top notch.This is a fantastic melodic hard rock band.

Album:

Founded by Canadian vocalist / drummer Michael Shotten and bass player Matthew Gerrard (a songwriting duo contributing songs for Triumph among others) plus Croatian born guitarist simply called Mladen, VON GROOVE born in Gerrard's own basement recording studio in the early Nineties.The tapes they recorded sounded so great that A&M Records signed the band and decided to release the material without modifications.However Chrysalis wanted some 'sure fire' potential single hits, so Von Groove agreed to re-record 4 of the songs in Los Angeles with super-drummer Deen Castronovo (Bad English, Hardline, Journey) and famous (and talented) Richie Zito producing.Simply put, "Von Groove" is one of the greatest Melodic Hard Rock records ever made. Killer songs, superb performances and brilliant production turns this CD a classic for the genre. With no new Von Groove product for a number of years now, on the eve of their return to the UK for this year’s Z Records festival, the label have reissued the Canadian melodic rockers’ first, best-known, album from 1992.Opener ‘once is not enough’ is a class anthem that filled the dancefloor in the heyday of Maximes in Wigan and is one of four tracks on the album produced by the legendary Ritchie Zito. One of the others, House of Dreams, with echoes of fellow countrymen Triumph, is probably the stand out track on the album. The heavier numbers, though immaculately played and sung, generally lack a spark of originality to separate them from the myriad hair metal bands of that time. However what distinguishes this album are a trio of superb ballads- Once in a lifetime, Arianne and Love keeps bringing me home- with acoustic guitars providing the perfect foil to Michael Shotton’s excellent voice, in the mould of Tyketto and Nelson. Each of them could have broken Von Groove into the big time, but for the fact that the album came out just as grunge was changing everything.The reissue also adds two rawer bonus tracks, Soldier of Fortune and King of the World, recorded live. More could have been done with the presentation however; there are no additional sleeve notes to place the album in context and the original artwork seems to have been rather grainily scanned in.For fans of Firehouse, Hardline and ‘Back for the attack’ era Dokken, this is still worth checking out for the excellent half dozen or so tunes on offer.

Line Up:

Michael Shotton - lead and backing vocals, drums
Matthew Gerrard - bass, backing vocals, keyboards
Mladen - guitars, mandolin, backing vocals
Deen Castronovo - drums
Norm Arnold - percussion
Scotth Humphrey - keyboards, digital edition
Tommy Funderburk, Al Langlade, Grant Cummings - backing vocals

Tracklist:

01. Once is Not Enough
02. Better Than Ever
03. Can't Get Too Much
04. Once in a Lifetime
05. Every Beat of My Heart
06. House of Dreams
07. C'Mon, C'Mon
08. All the Way Down
09. Arianne
10. Slave to Sin
11. Love Keeps Bringing Me Home
12. Smaug
13. Sweet Pain
14. Soldier Of Fortune (Bonus Track)
15. King Of Your World (Live) (Bonus Track)

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Re: Von Groove (CAN)

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 12 Jún 2019, 06:50

Von Groove - Test Of Faith (1998) (Japan Edition 1999)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 1998 (Japan Edition 1999)

Bio:

A canadian rock band formed in 1990.Von Groove - Canadian hard rock band came of the late 80's / early 90's hard rock scene. Von Groove came out of the gate with an extremely strong first album of melodic hard rock similar to releases by Damn Yankees, Bad English, Tyketto, Bon Jovi, and Giant. Von Groove's music is melodic, yet without a doubt a hard rock band. The albums is packed with great rock songs and better than average ballads. The musicianship, songwriting, vocals, and production were all top notch.This is a fantastic melodic hard rock band.

Album:

Von Groove is one of the best-kept secret of Canadian rock legends.“Test Of Faith” in its hard to find Japanese edition, not only featuring a different album cover artwork, but also 2 bonus tracks. While “Test Of Faith” is rarely mentioned as their best work by Melodic Rock fans, personally it’s one of my favorites from them. It’s easily the band’s more AOR sounding effort, and one – if the not the best – written.Overall, and despite of being released in the ’90s, Von Groove’s “Test Of Faith” sounds pretty Eighties, from production to arrangements approach. It’s some kind of mix between Firehouse, Danger Danger and Giant, yet with that typical ‘Canadian touch’.There’s still bright rocking melodic numbers in the title track and ‘Rock & Roll Station” recalling their awesome debut, however it’s in the AOR tunes where this CD finds its personality.I find a Harem Scarem feel on ‘It Should Have Been Me’, then the wonderful AOR bliss of ‘I Saw The Light’ is what Dare could have penned. ‘Foolin’ Yourself’ is more ‘Americanized’ in a Danger Danger type, then ‘Back In Love Again’ is a delicious ballad which should’ve been a hit in 1989.‘Tell It To Me’ brings to mind Giant first LP, and tell me if ‘Only Love’ doesn’t has a Journey / The Storm melody to it.Japanese exclusive bonus tracks include the power ballad ‘April May’ which is like a Nelson / Fair Warning crossroad, and ‘Calling The World’ rocks in a mid-paced groove akin Hardline.Honestly I scratch my head when some Melodic Rock / AOR fans say “Test Of Faith” isn’t as good as Von Groove’s self-titled debut. This LP is very close in quality, even there’s better songwriting if you ask me.

Line Up:

Michael Shotton - lead vocals, drums, percussion, keyboards
Mladen - guitars, vocals
Matthew Gerrard - bass, keyboards, vocals

Tracklist:

01. Test of Faith 5:11
02. It Should Have Been Me 4:38
03. I Saw the Light 4:31
04. Foolin' Yourself 4:15
05. Back in Love Again 3:41
06. Tell It to Me 4:01
07. Anything for My Baby 4:34
08. Only Love 3:50
09. The Damage Is Done 4:34
10. Rock and Roll Station 5:04
11. April May (Japan Bonus Track)
12. Calling The World (Japan Bonus Track)

Obrázok Obrázok

Obrázok

Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Re: Von Groove (CAN)

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 13 Jún 2019, 08:17

Von Groove - The Seventh Day (2001) (Z Records Remastered Edition 2015)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2001 (Z Records Remastered Edition 2015)

Bio:

Album:

Canadian melodic rockers VON GROOVE album “The Seventh Day”, in its remastered reissue including bonus tracks. Von Groove has been issuing high quality melodic rock albums since the early ’90s, and “The Seventh Day” is no exception.The record shows just how nicely Von Groove’s sound has matured and progressed since their acclaimed debut, a smooth, intelligent MR / AOR effort that combines hooks, melodies, powerful vocals and just enough rocking energy to give it some punch.You get a nice mix of rocking tracks in ‘Guns Over London’ ot ‘Oxygen’, and sweet ballads in the form of midtempo AOR ‘Lifeline’ and ‘Heaven Knows Your Name’.‘Lily’ brings to mind early Bon Jovi, ‘The Best in Me’ is mid-paced with a bit of Firehouse on it, while ‘Angel City’ brings back some hair metal flavor to current sonics.This remastered reissue of “The Seventh Day” is the one to have, as the bonus tracks are stupendous. It’s not clear if these were recorded during the album sessions, or are unreleased cuts from the first album. In any case, the 3 are terrific.‘Live It Up’ is a killer melodic hard rocker full of energy and biting guitars, ‘Runaway Angel’ is pure melodic rock bliss, while the AOR gem ‘I Can’t Stop Loving You’ – my favorite – is easily among the best songs Von Groove has composed.Von Groove is one of the best melodic (hard) rock / AOR acts out there, and “The Seventh Day” it’s another good – all are – album from their discography.

Line Up:

Alladen - all guitars
Michael Shotton - vocals, keys, percussion
Tom Lewis - bass

Tracklist:

01. Believe In The One
02. Lily
03. Oxygen
04. Seventh Day
05. Lifeline
06. Guns Over London
07. The Best in Me
08. Heaven Knows Your Name
09. Soul Surgery
10. Angel City
11. I Can’t Stop Loving You (Bonus Track)
12. Live It Up (Bonus Track)
13. Runaway Angel (Bonus Track)

Obrázok Obrázok

Obrázok

Návrat na "HARD Rock, MELODIC Rock, AOR, BLUES Rock, GLAM & SLEAZE Rock"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Google [Bot] a 11 neregistrovaných