Steve Perry (USA)

Hard Rock, Melodic Rock , AOR , Blues Rock , Glam & Sleaze Rock , West Coast , Christian Rock
Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Steve Perry (USA)

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 16 Aug 2018, 06:47

Steve Perry - Street Talk (1984) (Japan Blu-Spec CD2 Remastered Edition 2014)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 1984 (Japan Blu-Spec CD2 Remastered Edition 2014)
Style : Melodic Hard Rock
Audio : 320 kbps + scans + Videos
Size : 155 mb

Bio:

Stephen Ray Perry (born January 22, 1949) is an American singer, songwriter, and record producer. He is best known as the lead singer of the rock band Journey during their most commercially successful periods from 1977 to 1987, and again from 1995 to 1998. Perry had a successful solo career between the mid-1980s and mid-1990s. After a nearly twenty-year hiatus, Perry announced his return to music in 2018.Perry's singing voice has garnered acclaim from prominent musical peers and publications; he has been called "The Voice", a moniker originally coined by friend and former chart peer Jon Bon Jovi.He was ranked no. 76 on Rolling Stone magazine's "100 Greatest Singers of All Time", and was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame as a member of Journey on April 7, 2017.Original Journey organizer/manager Walter "Herbie" Herbert had been given a demo of an Alien Project song, "If You Need Me, Call Me", and was told by producer Scott Mathews that the young singer would be a great replacement for then current frontman Robert Fleischman. Fleischman had never signed with Herbert's company, preferring his previous manager and he had not fully coalesced with the band's then progressive rock style. Perry was brought on tour and to avoid alarming Fleischman, Perry was clandestinely included as roadie "John Villanueva's Portuguese cousin" and on the tour during a sound check in Long Beach surreptitiously performed a song with Journey while Fleischman was away from the stage, and after that Herbert informed the band members of the lineup change.Perry brought a radically new, more pop-influenced style sense to the band's music, despite some grumblings from his new bandmates and fans of Journey's former progressive rock sound. He made his public debut on October 28, 1977 in San Francisco to a mixed reception. Perry eventually won over new fans on his first album with the group, Infinity, which included a song he wrote called "Lights." The band's style had changed dramatically, but as Journey began to garner radio airplay and media buzz over Infinity, Perry's arrival was fully accepted.Perry provided lead vocals on nine of Journey's albums: Infinity (1978), Evolution (1979), Departure (1980), Dream, After Dream (1980, a Japanese movie soundtrack), Captured (1980, a live album), Escape (1981, which reached No. 1 on the Billboard chart), Frontiers (1983), Raised on Radio (1986), and Trial By Fire (1996). The single "Open Arms" from Escape was their biggest hit single, charting at No. 2 for six weeks on the Billboard Hot 100. Perry had become the unmistakable voice of Journey.During his Journey tenure, Perry also sang backing vocals on several Sammy Hagar songs, including the 1980 tracks "The Iceman" (a nickname Hagar had for Scott Mathews) and "Run For Your Life", and duetting with Kenny Loggins on the 1982 No. 17 hit single "Don't Fight It". Perry also worked with other musicians including Sheena Easton, Clannad, and Jon Bon Jovi during the height of his career. A 1983 Gallup poll of people between the ages of 13 and 25 voted Journey their favorite rock band.In 1984, following the release of Frontiers and the tour supporting this effort, Perry released his first solo album, Street Talk (the album's title was derived from the original name of Perry's earlier band Alien Project). The record sold more than 2 million units, scoring the hit singles No. 3 "Oh Sherrie", written for his then-girlfriend Sherrie Swafford, and No. 18 "Foolish Heart". The music video for "Oh Sherrie" saw heavy rotation on MTV. "She's Mine" and "Strung Out" were also released as singles from this project, which featured former Alien Project drummer Craig Krampf on a few tracks, guitarist Michael Landau, and future American Idol judge Randy Jackson on bass, among others.In 1985, Perry was one of 21 singers in the USA for Africa all-star benefit song "We Are the World". He also recorded a song, "If Only For the Moment, Girl" for the We Are the World album. This song was added to the reissue of his album Street Talk. Also during this period Perry worked with the Irish folk-rock group Clannad on their 1987 album Sirius.While Perry was reuniting with Journey, his mother became ill. The recording of Raised on Radio, which Perry was producing, was stop-and-go as he frequently returned to the San Joaquin Valley to visit his mother, who died during the production of the album. It took a major toll on Journey to have intermittent recording sessions and a vocalist who was not with the band much of the time. Eventually, Perry became exhausted from the ordeal. Journey then disbanded in 1987 after the Raised on Radio tour.In 1988, Perry began to work on another solo album, Against the Wall, which he ultimately left unfinished (though several of the songs that were recorded for Against the Wall would appear on Perry's 1998 solo compilation, Greatest Hits + Five Unreleased). A year later, on April 30, 1989, at the Shoreline Amphitheatre, in Mountain View, California, Perry joined Bon Jovi to perform Sam Cooke's "Bring It On Home to Me" and the Four Tops' "Reach Out". He would also reunite with Journey at the Bill Graham tribute concert, "Laughter, Love and Music" on November 3, 1991, at Golden Gate Park in San Francisco, performing "Faithfully" and "Lights". Other than those three events, however, Perry mostly disappeared from the public eye for seven years, taking a break from the music industry.

Album:

It's official; the great STEVE PERRY is back. The vocalist announced yesterday via newly created Twitter, Facebook and Instagram accounts the message: "I know it's been a long time comin'."Perry will return with a studio album titled 'Traces' on Oct. 5, according to a new Amazon listing / pre order. This would be the former Journey singer's first new solo project since 1994's For the Love of Strange Medicine.Let's celebrate it with his very good solo albums, remastered with bonus tracks. Here's the first, "Street Talk", in its Japanese Blu-spec CD2 format.After the back-to-back-to-back Top 10 triumphs of 1980's 'Departure,' 1981's 'Escape,' and 1983's 'Frontiers,' the members of Journey were on top of the world -- and ready to experiment with solo projects. The most high-profile hit of the bunch was "Street Talk", released by singer Steve Perry in April of 1984."Street Talk" ended up being like his first album in more ways than one -- it also found him reuniting with a member of Alien Project, his pre-Journey band in the '70s. With different personnel, naturally, came a different sound -- and with Krampf on board, Perry returned organically to his musical roots.Perry's first solo effort was definitely something quite different and much more rock/pop-oriented than his previous works with Journey, however Steve’s voice is so soulful and magical that at one point you don’t really care about the music.Just like Jimi Jamison from Survivor sings on their album “Vital Signs” – “it’s the singer, not the song”.The record's quick birth stood in stark contrast to the painstaking process of finishing Journey's albums, but those fast-paced sessions didn't hurt "Street Talk" on the charts, where it quickly went platinum and spun off the Top Five hit 'Oh Sherrie' along with three more Top 40 singles: 'Foolish Heart,' 'She's Mine,' and 'Strung Out.'Perry hits hard right from the beginning – the second you hear those warm synthesizer chords and him pouring his soul out with “You should’ve been gone, knowing how I made you feel”, you can’t but be hooked. The explosive hurricane, titled “Oh Sherrie” is by far his greatest success – the track reached #3 on the Billboard Hot 100 and #1 on Billboard’s Rock chart. It highlights Steve’s vocal power like no other song, it’s catchy, lyrically-pleasing and on top of that there’s a personal story there – as we all know “Oh Sherrie” was written for his then-girlfriend Sherrie Swafford.The strength of the single somehow overshadowed the rest of the album, which in my personal opinion contains a lot of uplifting rockers and beautiful soulful tunes.For instance, the gentle “Foolish Heart” which peaked at #18 on the charts, perfectly represents the vocal and music quality of the album. My personal favorite “She’s Mine” is another romantic, mid-tempo rocker, featuring a lot of screaming soul from Steve.“You Should be Happy” is another personal treasure-track from the record – the lyrics are wonderful and there’s a special vibe coming out of this song.Obviously, Steve had a lot of fun writing, recording and producing this album. I could feel how important it was for him to do and try “his own thing”, separately from Journey. He literally put his heart and soul into the making of "Street Talk".We all know he can definitely hit a note or two, however with this album he also proved that The Voice himself can write timeless songs and produce with skill.This remastered reissue includes 5 juicy bonus tracks, and the Blu-spec CD2 sounds fantastic.

Line Up:

Steve Perry - vocals (Ex-Journey)
Michael Landau, Waddy Wachtel, Craig Hull, Billy Steele - guitar
Craig Krampf, Larrie Londin - drums, percussion
Randy Goodrum - drum programming
Steve Douglas - saxophone
Bob Glaub, Chuck Domanico, Kevin McCormick, Bryan Garofalo - bass
Bill Cuomo, Randy Goodrum - keyboards, piano
Steve Goldstein, Sterling Smith, Duane Hitchings, Robert Greenridge - keyboards

Tracks 11 - 13 are Alien Project demo recordings
Track 14 is the b-side to Oh Sherrie
Track 15 is from the USA for Africa album "We Are the World"

Tracklist:

01. Oh Sherrie
02. I Believe
03. Go Away
04. Foolish Heart
05. It's Only Love
06. She's Mine
07. You Should Be Happy
08. Running Alone
09. Captured By the Moment
10. Strung Out
11. My My My (Bonus Track)
12. Harmony (Bonus Track)
13. Makes No Difference (Bonus Track)
14. Don't Tell Me Why You're Leavin' (Bonus Track)
15. If Only For The Moment (Bonus Track)

+ Video "Foolish Heart" (Official Video)
+ Video "Strung Out" (Official Video)
+ Video "Oh Sherrie" (Official Video)

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Re: Steve Perry (USA)

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 04 Jan 2022, 12:44

Steve Perry - Traces (2018)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2018
Style : Melodic Rock , Melodic Hard Rock , AOR
Audio : 320 kbps + scans + Video

Bio:

Stephen Ray Perry (born January 22, 1949) is an American singer, songwriter, and record producer. He is best known as the lead singer of the rock band Journey during their most commercially successful periods from 1977 to 1987, and again from 1995 to 1998. Perry had a successful solo career between the mid-1980s and mid-1990s. After a nearly twenty-year hiatus, Perry announced his return to music in 2018.Perry's singing voice has garnered acclaim from prominent musical peers and publications; he has been called "The Voice", a moniker originally coined by friend and former chart peer Jon Bon Jovi.He was ranked no. 76 on Rolling Stone magazine's "100 Greatest Singers of All Time", and was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame as a member of Journey on April 7, 2017.Original Journey organizer/manager Walter "Herbie" Herbert had been given a demo of an Alien Project song, "If You Need Me, Call Me", and was told by producer Scott Mathews that the young singer would be a great replacement for then current frontman Robert Fleischman. Fleischman had never signed with Herbert's company, preferring his previous manager and he had not fully coalesced with the band's then progressive rock style. Perry was brought on tour and to avoid alarming Fleischman, Perry was clandestinely included as roadie "John Villanueva's Portuguese cousin" and on the tour during a sound check in Long Beach surreptitiously performed a song with Journey while Fleischman was away from the stage, and after that Herbert informed the band members of the lineup change.Perry brought a radically new, more pop-influenced style sense to the band's music, despite some grumblings from his new bandmates and fans of Journey's former progressive rock sound. He made his public debut on October 28, 1977 in San Francisco to a mixed reception. Perry eventually won over new fans on his first album with the group, Infinity, which included a song he wrote called "Lights." The band's style had changed dramatically, but as Journey began to garner radio airplay and media buzz over Infinity, Perry's arrival was fully accepted.Perry provided lead vocals on nine of Journey's albums: Infinity (1978), Evolution (1979), Departure (1980), Dream, After Dream (1980, a Japanese movie soundtrack), Captured (1980, a live album), Escape (1981, which reached No. 1 on the Billboard chart), Frontiers (1983), Raised on Radio (1986), and Trial By Fire (1996). The single "Open Arms" from Escape was their biggest hit single, charting at No. 2 for six weeks on the Billboard Hot 100. Perry had become the unmistakable voice of Journey.During his Journey tenure, Perry also sang backing vocals on several Sammy Hagar songs, including the 1980 tracks "The Iceman" (a nickname Hagar had for Scott Mathews) and "Run For Your Life", and duetting with Kenny Loggins on the 1982 No. 17 hit single "Don't Fight It". Perry also worked with other musicians including Sheena Easton, Clannad, and Jon Bon Jovi during the height of his career. A 1983 Gallup poll of people between the ages of 13 and 25 voted Journey their favorite rock band.In 1984, following the release of Frontiers and the tour supporting this effort, Perry released his first solo album, Street Talk (the album's title was derived from the original name of Perry's earlier band Alien Project). The record sold more than 2 million units, scoring the hit singles No. 3 "Oh Sherrie", written for his then-girlfriend Sherrie Swafford, and No. 18 "Foolish Heart". The music video for "Oh Sherrie" saw heavy rotation on MTV. "She's Mine" and "Strung Out" were also released as singles from this project, which featured former Alien Project drummer Craig Krampf on a few tracks, guitarist Michael Landau, and future American Idol judge Randy Jackson on bass, among others.In 1985, Perry was one of 21 singers in the USA for Africa all-star benefit song "We Are the World". He also recorded a song, "If Only For the Moment, Girl" for the We Are the World album. This song was added to the reissue of his album Street Talk. Also during this period Perry worked with the Irish folk-rock group Clannad on their 1987 album Sirius.While Perry was reuniting with Journey, his mother became ill. The recording of Raised on Radio, which Perry was producing, was stop-and-go as he frequently returned to the San Joaquin Valley to visit his mother, who died during the production of the album. It took a major toll on Journey to have intermittent recording sessions and a vocalist who was not with the band much of the time. Eventually, Perry became exhausted from the ordeal. Journey then disbanded in 1987 after the Raised on Radio tour.In 1988, Perry began to work on another solo album, Against the Wall, which he ultimately left unfinished (though several of the songs that were recorded for Against the Wall would appear on Perry's 1998 solo compilation, Greatest Hits + Five Unreleased). A year later, on April 30, 1989, at the Shoreline Amphitheatre, in Mountain View, California, Perry joined Bon Jovi to perform Sam Cooke's "Bring It On Home to Me" and the Four Tops' "Reach Out". He would also reunite with Journey at the Bill Graham tribute concert, "Laughter, Love and Music" on November 3, 1991, at Golden Gate Park in San Francisco, performing "Faithfully" and "Lights". Other than those three events, however, Perry mostly disappeared from the public eye for seven years, taking a break from the music industry.

Album:

Legendary singer/songwriter and Rock & Roll Hall of Fame inductee Steve Perry makes his long-awaited return with "Traces", his first new album in nearly a quarter century, out Friday October 5, 2018 on Fantasy Records.The famed singer introduces "Traces" with lead track “No Erasin’” and reassuringly greets fans with the opening line “I know it’s been a long time comin’.” The track is an emotional homecoming, a familiar welcome from the iconic voice and writer of Journey’s timeless, global hits including “Don’t Stop Believin’", “Faithfully” and “Open Arms” as well as the significant solo success of “Oh Sherrie” and “Foolish Heart”.Perry says: “Putting 30 years into 10 songs has certainly been an emotional experience for me. I started writing and recording these songs with the creative freedom that I was the only one who would ever hear them. Along the way, I rediscovered my love for music. Each track represents traces of my past, but is also a hopeful look into the future. I invite you to listen with an open heart.”Produced by Perry alongside co-producer Thom Flowers, "Traces" is the artist’s most vulnerable and honest recording to date, balancing tremendous loss with enduring hope and beauty. The album is a collection of nine original tracks that encompass the spectrum of human emotion and also features a beautifully reimagined cover of The Beatles’ “I Need You”. It is the work of an artist who has reconnected with his music in a new way.

Line Up:

John 5 – guitar on "Sun Shines Gray"
Thom Flowers – guitar
Nathan East – bass
Pino Palladino – bass
Travis Carlton – bass
Devin Hoffman – bass
Josh Freese – drums on "No Erasin'" and "Sun Shines Gray"
Vinnie Colaiuta – drums
Steve Ferrone – drums
Tommy King - piano, keyboards, organ
Roger Joseph Manning, Jr. – keyboards
Jeff Babko – keyboards
David Campbell – strings on "We’re Still Here"
Casey Hooper – guitar
Dallas Kruse – keys on "No More Cryin'"
Travis Carlton – bass
Julian Rodriguez – drums

Tracklist:

01. No Erasin’
02. We’re Still Here
03. Most Of All
04. No More Cryin’
05. In The Rain
06. Sun Shines Gray
07. You Belong To Me
08. Easy To Love
09. I Need You
10. We Fly

+ Video "No Erasin" (Official Video)

Obrázok Obrázok

Obrázok

Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 04 Jan 2022, 12:45

Steve Perry - Traces (Deluxe Edition) (2018)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2018 (Deluxe Edition)
Audio : 320 kbps + scans + Video

Bio:

Album:

Finally after countless years of wait, unique vocalist STEVE PERRY has released his new solo album "Traces". This Deluxe Edition / Target Exclusive, includes 5 bonus tracks, a must for fans and collectors.The album is very much a classic Steve Perry record, full of nostalgia, wonderful mid-tempo melodies and the occasional rocker. Maybe Steve Perry was always this nostalgic. Maybe that sense of transportive wonder accounts for his songs' mystery, and their magic – even when they'd just been released. Maybe Perry-era Journey always sounded like something from the near horizon, something to be dreamed of and yearned for. Something unreachable.That would certainly explain Perry's staying power, despite so long away: his songs tend to co-mingle very real memories of that time with these universal themes of longing. Everybody becomes a small-town girl or her boy. Everybody, girl and boy, inhabits that same lonely world.This sounds terribly old fashioned now, and in a way it always was. Yet, at the same time, it all felt very new back then, like some fresh alchemy. He was part of the zeitgeist, not some ghost. They played the "Faithfully" video on MTV until everyone knew precisely which verse heralded the shaving of Perry's ridiculous mustache. Journey didn't just rule the charts or the road. They had their own video game.So when Steve Perry returns, it's fair to wonder what might have changed, in him and in us. It's fair to wonder if his essential wistfulness remains, and if that sentimentality can transfer in a modern age defined both by fragmentation and online smart-assery. Quite frankly, though, the worst thing would have been if "Traces" tried, almost a quarter century past his last solo album, to stake out some new ground, or to contemporize something that somehow always seemed blissfully out of time.You want Steve Perry to be Steve Perry, if you were ever a fan. And "Traces" delivers.Lead single “No Erasin'” could be a Journey song with its crashing piano and guitar riffs and Perry’s reminiscences of hooking up with an old flame in the backseat of his car. Even more "Most Of All" which sounds like 'Trial By Fire', and I love it.“Sun Shines Gray” is a driving rocker that goes anyway he wants it (lots of slower, quieter parts for the singing and heavier parts in between). And “Most of All” drips with emotion as Perry croons for “the ones who’ve lost their most of all.”Now the bonus tracks on this Deluxe Edition.'October In New York’ is a slow crooner of a song, a stripped back jazz-ballad arrangement with orchestration and a simple piano to accompany. This one showcases Perry's unique pipes.‘Angel Eyes’ lifts the tempo a little – mid-range for this track, which quite honestly could have come straight off Street Talk. Gracious, this one should have been on all editions! A wonderful breezy tune . The vocal is quite marvellous.‘Call On Me’ takes on the third different style in 3 songs. Almost as if Steve has left the more adventurous tracks for the Deluxe Edition. This one has another familiar feel to it, using a midtpaced reggae beat in the same way as Steve has done before, with his soulful vocals just dripping over the instrumentation. Another fine vocal it must be said and another likeable song. I would have used this on the regular edition.‘Could We Be Somethin’ Again’ is yet another left turn – a slow to midtempo rock&pop track with a tidy little beat and another warm vocal. The 3 minute ‘Blue Jays Fly’ is the 5th song with the 5th different style. Not sure how to describe this one. A softly sung vocal over sparse instrumentation – it’s almost in a meditative or lullaby state that doesn’t feature a lot of vocals. It closes out things nicely.More songs are always welcomed – there’s a couple of great tunes here that could easily have been part of the main release. The other 3 make for likable bonus tracks and take Steve’s overdue comeback album to a better length.Perry’s voice is still elastic, a bit huskier now. Given his age, 69 years old, it’s in very good shape but it’s still surprising, mostly because we haven’t heard from him in decades. Most the songs are focused on Perry's voice, and that’s what we wanted for years, we wanted to feel and remember. By that definition, "Traces" lives up to its title and offers reminders of Perry’s might. When he sings, “No more cryin’, ’cause I wont’ love again, I won’t, I won’t, I won’t” on “No More Cryin’,” he sings it in a way that makes you believe him.Easily, "Traces" is not only the 'Comeback Album' of the year, but of the decade and beyond.Perhaps this is the last album from this exceptional artist, one of the greatest voices in Rock&pop history. And you need it it in your collection.

Line Up:

Thom Flowers – guitar
Nathan East – bass
Pino Palladino – bass
Travis Carlton – bass
Devin Hoffman – bass
Vinnie Colaiuta – drums
Steve Ferrone – drums
Jeff Babko – keyboards
Casey Hooper – guitar
Travis Carlton – bass
Julian Rodriguez – drums

Tracklist:

01. No Erasin’
02. We’re Still Here
03. Most Of All
04. No More Cryin’
05. In The Rain
06. Sun Shines Gray
07. You Belong To Me
08. Easy To Love
09. I Need You
10. We Fly
11. October in New York (Bonus Track)
12. Angel Eyes (Bonus Track)
13. Call On Me (Bonus Track)
14. Could We Be Somethin’ Again (Bonus Track)
15. Blue Jays Fly (Bonus Track)

+ Video "No Erasin" (Official Video)

Obrázok Obrázok

Obrázok

Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 04 Jan 2022, 12:45

Steve Perry - Traces (Alternate Versions & Sketches) (2020)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2020
Style : Melodic Rock , Melodic Hard Rock , AOR , Acoustic
Audio : 320 kbps + scans

Bio:

Album:

STEVE PERRY will release ”Traces (Alternate Versions & Sketches)‘, an acoustic / remix version of his 2018’s album ‘Traces’. We have the advance of the disc which features updates of seven songs found on the original.‘Alternative Versions and Sketches’ opens with a radio mix of “Most of All”, which video to promote this new release is featured below.Perry said that he’s “really proud” of the revamped versions. “The acoustic Traces is going to close the Traces chapter,” he added. “Then I’m opening up another chapter next year at some point.”Produced by Perry and his longtime collaborator and friend, Thom Flowers, ‘Traces Alternative Versions & Sketches’ offers a fascinating glimpse into Steve’s creative process and a deeper understanding into an already treasured album.“When writing these songs, the original inspiration is always my first compass – where the songs should go,” stated Perry. “Alternate Versions & Sketches is exactly that, and I’m very excited to have you hear the original seeds of these songs.”Traces was his first solo studio project in nearly 25 years, following 1994’s For the Love of Strange Medicine. Perry’s last record with Journey, Trial by Fire, came out two years later. He largely avoided the limelight after separating from the group, but then became inspired to reignite his career following the 2012 death of girlfriend Kellie Nash.Perry said his next chapter will likely include more new music: “I have a studio and I’m always writing and always recording stuff.”As extras, we have the singles Perry released in 2019, including an Alternate Mix of “Sun Shines Gray”, plus many of his guest spots for other artists.

Line Up:

Thom Flowers – guitar
Nathan East – bass
Pino Palladino – bass
Travis Carlton – bass
Devin Hoffman – bass
Vinnie Colaiuta – drums
Steve Ferrone – drums
Jeff Babko – keyboards
Casey Hooper – guitar
Travis Carlton – bass
Julian Rodriguez – drums

Tracklist:

01. Most Of All (radio mix)
02. I Need You (acoustic)
03. Most Of All (stripped)
04. No Erasin’ (acoustic)

2019 Tracks:

05. Sun Shines Gray (Alternate Mix)
06. Silver Bells (Edit)
07. Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas (Remix)

Collaborations:

08. David Pack – A Brand New Start (feat Steve Perry)
09. Jeff Golub – Can’t Let You Go (feat Steve Perry)
10. Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young – Soldiers Of Peace (feat Steve Perry)
11. America – (Can’t Fall Asleep To A) Lullaby (feat Steve Perry)
12. Clannad – White Fool (feat Steve Perry)
13. Forrest McDonald – It’s Over (feat. Steve Perry)

Obrázok Obrázok

Obrázok

Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 04 Jan 2022, 12:47

Steve Perry - The Season (2021)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2021

Bio:

Album:

Singer-songwriter and rock legend Steve Perry has announced the release of his first holiday record of his illustrious career. For years, fans have been asking for Steve Perry’s unmistakable voice to bring-in the holiday season. Steve notes, “I hope when people hear this record, they’re teleported in the same way I was when I recorded all these songs—I hope it brings them back to those golden moments with their loved ones and gives them that feeling of joy and connection and comfort that we all need so much.” All 8 tracks on the record come straight from the heart as Steve hopes to send listeners to the place they find the most comfort during the holiday season, which, for Steve, is his grandmother’s home. "When I was recording vocals for "I'll be Home For Christmas", as I was singing "Please have Snow and Mistletoe and Presents under the tree”...I was emotionally thrown into standing in my grandmother's house staring through the door that I always hung Mistletoe and then I saw her beautiful Christmas tree in front of her living room window…I had to stop singing because it felt like I was really there…I was a bit stunned…Back Home for Christmas is where everyone wants to be!”

Line Up:

Tracklist:

01. The Christmas Song
02. I’ll Be Home For Christmas
03. Auld Lang Syne
04. Winter Wonderland
05. What Are You Doing New Year’s Eve
06. Santa Claus Is Coming To Town
07. Silver Bells
08. Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas

Obrázok Obrázok

Obrázok

Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 03 Nov 2022, 10:29

Steve Perry - The Season (2021) (Deluxe Digital Edition 2022)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2021 (Expanded Deluxe Digital Edition 2022)

Bio:

Album:

Steve Perry has released an extended, 10-track digital version of his 2021 holiday album The Season. Available now, The Season Deluxe Edition adds two previously unreleased songs to the eight from the first release, “Maybe This Year,” which the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductee wrote with Dallas Kruse, and his soulful version of Donny Hathaway’s festive staple “This Christmas.”.“I wanted to write an original Christmas song of my own,” says Perry, “so Dallas Kruse and I began writing what became ‘Maybe This Year.’ I wrote the lyrical sentiment about how the holidays can bring such joy and sadness and how for me, both these emotions give me connection to feelings of gratitude for so many years gone by, and a desire to hold on to these holiday feelings we share throughout the coming year.“Along with ‘Maybe this Year’ I have also added one of my favorite Donny Hathaway songs, ‘This Christmas.’ I dedicate both these tracks to my friend, Lamont Dozier.” The great Motown songwriter and solo artist died in August at the age of 81.The Season was recorded primarily at the singer-songwriter’s home studio in collaboration with drummer Vinnie Colaiuta (Sting, Joni Mitchell, Frank Zappa) and with Kruse. The latter multi-instrumentalist also worked with Perry on his 2018 album Traces, which debuted at No.4 on the Billboard 200.“One of the things I love most about those traditional recordings is they’re not coming at you like a rock song,” said Perry when the original album was released. “They’re just sitting there quietly and inviting you in. I’d never sung with that much simplicity before, and it was incredibly thrilling to bring that kind of expression to these songs.”He continued: “Music has always been something that rescues me in difficult times. I hope when people hear this record, they’re teleported in the same way I was when I recorded all these songs – I hope it brings them back to those golden moments with their loved ones and gives them that feeling of joy and connection and comfort that we all need so much.”

Line Up:

Steve Perry - vocals - See also: Ex-Journey

Tracklist:

01. Maybe This Year (03:38) (Bonus Track)
02. This Christmas (03:24) (Bonus Track)
03. The Christmas Song (03:31)
04. Ill Be Home For Christmas (02:46)
05. Auld Lang Syne (02:06)
06. Winter Wonderland (03:20)
07. What Are You Doing New Year Eve (03:57)
08. Santa Claus Is Coming To Town (03:02)
09. Silver Bells (05:03)
10. Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas (01:53)

Obrázok Obrázok

Obrázok

Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 06 Feb 2024, 08:50

Steve Perry - Greatest Hits (1998) (Japan Edition 2006)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 1998 (Japan Remastered Edition 2006)
Style : Melodic Hard Rock
Size : 172 mb

Bio:

Album:

Remastered reissue of STEVE PERRY‘s “Greatest Hits” in its Japanese pressing, originally titled “Greatest Hits + Five Unreleased” including bonus tracks taken directly from Steve’s personal vault – this reissue includes an extra track.The album contains hits from his two solo albums Street Talk (1984) and For the Love of Strange Medicine (1994) as well as several previously unreleased tracks from the abandoned 1988 solo project ‘Against The Wall’, as well as demos, b-sides and collaborations.‘Against The Wall’ was originally going to be Perry’s second solo album. It was shelved by a corporate executive during the time when Sony Music bought Columbia Records. Perry recalled the executive said he was unsure about the musical direction of the album. Apparently stunned at this response, Perry sought legal means to have the album completed and released otherwise but was unsuccessful. Sony ultimately did not release the album.Seven of these tracks were later released on this album and the others were released as bonus tracks on the 2006 re-issue of For the Love of Strange Medicine.

Line Up:

Steve Perry - vocals - See also: ex-Journey

Production:

Arranged By [String And Orchestra Arrangements] – David Foster (tracks: 15), Larry Dalton (tracks: 14), William Ross (tracks: 15)
Art Direction, Design – David Coleman (5)
Bass – Bob Glaub (tracks: 1 to 3, 5), Bryan Garofalo (tracks: 4), Chuck Domanico (tracks: 5), Larry Kimpel (tracks: 13), Randy Jackson (2) (tracks: 6 to 9, 11), Richard Michaels* (tracks: 17), Tim Miner (tracks: 14)
Bass [Keyboard Bass] – Adrian Gurvitz (tracks: 16), David Foster (tracks: 15), Randy Goodrum (tracks: 10, 12)
Drums – Craig Krampf (tracks: 4, 17), John Robinson (2) (tracks: 6, 15), Larrie Londin (tracks: 1, 3, 5, 7 to 9, 11), Moyes Lucas, Jr.* (tracks: 13)
Drums, Programmed By [Programmer] – Randy Goodrum (tracks: 2, 10, 12), Tony Brock (tracks: 16)
Engineer [Engineered By] – Chris Lord-Alge (tracks: 6), Dee Robb (tracks: 7 to 9, 11, 17), Felipe Elgueta (tracks: 15), Frank Salazar (tracks: 14), Humberto Gatica (tracks: 15), James "Jimbo" Barton (tracks: 13), Niko Bolas (tracks: 1 to 5), Randy Goodrum (tracks: 6 to 12), Tim Kimsay* (tracks: 14)
Executive-Producer – Bruce Botnick (tracks: 1 to 12, 14, 17)
Guitar – Adrian Gurvitz (tracks: 16), Billy Steele (2) (tracks: 4), Craig Hull (tracks: 4), Lincoln Brewster (tracks: 13), Mike Landau* (tracks: 1 to 3, 5 to 9, 11), Michael Thompson (tracks: 15), Steve DeLacey* (tracks: 17), Waddy Wachtel (tracks: 1)
Mastered By [Mastering By] – George Marino
Mixed By – Chris Lord-Alge (tracks: 6 to 12), Craig Burbidge (tracks: 14), Dee Robb (tracks: 17), Mick Guzauski (tracks: 15), Niko Bolas (tracks: 1 to 5, 13)
Photography By [All Photos Except Inset #1, 2, 3] – Reisig & Taylor
Photography By [Inset #1] – Neil Zlozower
Photography By [Inset #3] – Todd Kaplan
Photography [Inset #2] – Personal Collection
Piano, Synth – Adrian Gurvitz (tracks: 16), Bill Cuomo (tracks: 1 to 3, 5, 7 to 9, 11), David Foster (tracks: 15), Paul Taylor (8) (tracks: 13), Randy Goodrum (tracks: 1 to 3, 5 to 12), Scott Thurston (tracks: 17), Sterling Smith (tracks: 4), Steve Goldstein (tracks: 4), Tim Miner (tracks: 14)
Piano, Synth, Programmed By [Programmer] – Felipe Elgueta (tracks: 15)
Producer – Carole Bayer Sager (tracks: 15), Craig Krampf (tracks: 17), David Foster (tracks: 15), Dee Robb (tracks: 17), James "Jimbo" Barton (tracks: 13), Randy Goodrum (tracks: 6 to 12), Steve Perry (tracks: 1 to 5), Tim Miner (tracks: 14)
Saxophone – Steve Douglas (tracks: 3)
Technician [Tape Archive Assistance] – Al Quaglieri

Tracklist:

01. Oh Sherrie
02. Foolish Heart
03. She’s Mine
04. Strung Out
05. Go Away
06. When You’re In Love (previously unreleased)
07. Against The Wall (previously unreleased)
08. Forever Right Or Wrong [Love’s Like A River]
09. Summer Of Luv (previously unreleased)
10. Melody
11. Once In A Lifetime, Girl (previously unreleased)
12. What Was
13. You Better Wait
14. Missing You
15. I Stand Alone
16. It Won’t Be You (Writing Demo)
17. If You Need Me, Call Me (unreleased demo version)
18. Don’t Fight It (With Kenny Loggins) (Reissue Bonus Track)

Obrázok Obrázok

Obrázok

Návrat na "HARD Rock, MELODIC Rock, AOR, BLUES Rock, GLAM & SLEAZE Rock"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 14 neregistrovaných