Sister Sin (USA)

Hard Rock, Melodic Rock , AOR , Blues Rock , Glam & Sleaze Rock , West Coast , Christian Rock
Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Sister Sin (USA)

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 04 Jún 2015, 07:26

Sister Sin - Dance Of The Wicked (2003) (Limited Edition Digipak 2013)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2003 (Limited Edition Digipak 2013)
Style : Hard Rock , Heavy Metal , Female Vocals
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans + Video
Size : 132 mb

Bio:

Sister Sin was formed in 2002 and released various recordings via smaller indie labels. They issued their first non-indie album Switchblade Serenades via Victory Records in October 2008; it reached number 107 on Top Heatseekers in the first week of release in the US. The band performed two US national tours in support of the album, with bands like Motörhead, Otep, and Ill Niño. Sister Sin also toured Europe with Arch Enemy and played at festivals like Sweden Rock and Norway Rock. In early 2010 they recorded a follow-up album entitled True Sound Of The Underground with producer Henrik Edenhed (of Dead by April, Lambretta etc.) which landed on number 96 at Top Heatseekers in the United States on June 22nd 2010.Later that year the band parted ways with bassist Benton Wiberg, due to his inability to tour. The band recruited Strandh as a new bassist and toured Europe with Lordi. Two US tours followed, first with Straight Line Stitch, System Divide and In This Moment, then with Blackguard, Destrophy and Otep.Sister Sin again toured Europe in fall 2011 as special guest for U.D.O. supporting their single "Rock 'N Roll", featuring German metal queen Doro Pesch.The band's fourth album Now and Forever was released October 23, 2012 via Victory Records worldwide. The album was mixed by Cameron Webb (Motörhead, Social Distortion, Danzig)

Album:

Dance of the Wicked is Hard & Heavy metal band Sister Sin's first studio album, released 2003. Recorded and produced in 2003 by Jan Jan at Triton Studios Gothenburg. Released and Distributed by Sleaszy Rider Records & EMI Greece Distribution.CD reissue bonus tracks (Victory Records 2013 Reissue).If there is one album that is very hard to find from a fairly established band it has to be Sister Sin's original release of their debut CD Dance Of The Wicked. I know first-hand because a few months prior to finding out about the re-release of the band's underrated debut I set my sights on trying to buy a copy of the original release. After quite a bit of searching on the internet, and while on my fourth Google page, I finally found one site that was still selling the CD -- persistence paid off! A few weeks later an original copy of Dance Of The Wicked was shipped all the way from Ukraine to Canada.I thought that I had bought a new copy of the CD but I think that I received a used one -- it certainly appeared used and a bit abused -- and the oddly placed shrink wrap around the CD spoke volumes. Nevertheless, I was happy to add Dance Of The Wicked to my collection.Ironically enough, prior to eventually finding a copy of Dance Of The Wicked, I had contacted Sister Sin via their website to find out how I could obtain a copy of the album and subsequent demos. I never did get a response, but now I understand why. Fast forward a few months and Sister Sin announced that they were re-releasing their debut in a remastered format and packing it with extra goodies including unreleased demos and a DVD containing all of their videos. Talk about getting value for your money! I would have gladly bought the Dance Of The Wicked re-release only with its eight original songs.For those familiar with Sister Sin's music ever since their 2007 EP Smash The Silence -- another hard to find release (but to a much lesser extent) -- the band has developed a very identifiable sound of intense in-your-face metal aggression. Dance Of The Wicked does not go in that vein -- on their debut Sister Sin was more subdued,playing at a slower but still enjoyable pace. What makes the CD stand out is Liv Jagrell's vocals. Her voice on Dance Of The Wicked hardly sounds like her voice on latter albums. However her voice still sounds shock full of attitude, but in a punkish slower type of way. Frankly, her vocals are so good that I can't help but singing along although the songs are definitely not your usual sing along type. Highlights include "Kiss The Sky", "Fall Into My Dreams" and especially the verse portions of the title track "Dance Of The Wicked".Apparently Sister Sin only had a budget of around $2,000 when they first recorded Dance Of The Wicked, so the original CD sounds quite cheap and dated. With the remastering Dance Of The Wicked sounds fresher, more polished, and more on par sound quality wise with Sister Sin's subsequent releases. The best comparison that I can provide is the change in sound quality from Motley Crue's Too Fast For Love to Shout At The Devil. The guitars on the remastered version appear to have been given more emphasis while Liv's vocals have been turned down a notch. The only downside is that the remastered version does not sound quite as 'live' as the original release.The bonus demo tracks are interesting ones. They sound heavier than the original tracks on the album and start the blueprint for Sister Sin's current sound -- particularly during certain sections of "Head Over Heels For Love". At the same time,some of the demo tracks demonstrate the band's influences a little too much. For instance, the opening guitar riffs in "Minor You (Major Me)" appear to be a spin off (or rip off) of the riffs that can be found on Motley Crue's "Too Young To Fall In Love". My favorite out of the three demo tracks has to be "Writings On The Wall". The re-released Dance Of The Wicked closes with a rousing rendition of Motorhead's classic "Rock 'N' Roll", complete with Doro Pesch. Throw in a DVD containing the band's ten videos and you have a CD/DVD release well worth its price tag.I get the impression, from a few of the interviews that I have read and the liner notes in the re-release sleeve, that Sister Sin are not that fond of the songs on the original Dance Of The Wicked CD. A big hint is that the band apparently stopped playing those songs live six months after the album was released back in 2003! Nevertheless, Sister Sin have obviously recognized that Dance Of The Wicked is an integral part of their history. It really is great news for all of the band's followers that do not have the original release that they now have the opportunity to discover Sister Sin's roots and beginnings -- every band has to start somewhere. Dance Of The Wicked will never be regarded as one of the great debut albums of all time, but it is an important chapter of Sister Sin's history -- one which has be given the light of day once again.

Line Up:

Liv Jagrell — vocals (Hysterica)
Johnny — guitar (Revolution Riot)
Chris — bass
Dave Sundberg — drums

Additional Musicians:

Doro Pesch - vocals (12)

Production:

Produced by Jan-Jan and Sister Sin. Remastered by Blaise Barton.

Tracklist:

01 - Kiss The Sky
02 - Dance Of The Wicked
03 - Fall Into My Dreams
04 - End Of The Beggining
05 - Love Lies
06 - Dirty Damn I
07 - Paint It Black
08 - Tragedy Loves Company
09 - Minor You (Major Me) [demo - bonus track]
10 - Writings On The Wall (Demo) [demo - bonus track]
11 - Head Over Heels For Love (Demo) [demo - bonus track]
12 - Rock N Roll (feat. Doro) [bonus track]

+ Video "Rock 'N' Roll" (Motörhead Cover) ft. Doro Pesch (Official Video)

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Re: Sister Sin (USA)

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 04 Jún 2015, 08:54

Sister Sin - True Sound Of The Underground (Japan Edition) (2010)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2010 (Japan Edition)
Style : Hard Rock , Heavy Metal , Female Vocals

Bio:

Sister Sin was formed in 2002 and released various recordings via smaller indie labels. They issued their first non-indie album Switchblade Serenades via Victory Records in October 2008; it reached number 107 on Top Heatseekers in the first week of release in the US. The band performed two US national tours in support of the album, with bands like Motörhead, Otep, and Ill Niño. Sister Sin also toured Europe with Arch Enemy and played at festivals like Sweden Rock and Norway Rock. In early 2010 they recorded a follow-up album entitled True Sound Of The Underground with producer Henrik Edenhed (of Dead by April, Lambretta etc.) which landed on number 96 at Top Heatseekers in the United States on June 22nd 2010.Later that year the band parted ways with bassist Benton Wiberg, due to his inability to tour. The band recruited Strandh as a new bassist and toured Europe with Lordi. Two US tours followed, first with Straight Line Stitch, System Divide and In This Moment, then with Blackguard, Destrophy and Otep.Sister Sin again toured Europe in fall 2011 as special guest for U.D.O. supporting their single "Rock 'N Roll", featuring German metal queen Doro Pesch.The band's fourth album Now and Forever was released October 23, 2012 via Victory Records worldwide. The album was mixed by Cameron Webb (Motörhead, Social Distortion, Danzig)

Album:

How Sister Sin would fare when bassist and principle songwriter Chris Bednarz left the band over a year ago was anyone's guess. I'm not sure how they managed it, but the new songwriting duo of Jimmy Hiltula and Dave Sundberg have perfectly crafted a new set of Sister Sin songs without missing a beat. The crunchy guitars, powerful female vocals, gang choruses and angst driven fist-in-the-air anthems that we all love, and have come to expect, from these Swedish metal merchants have all returned in spades.I've said it numerous times before, but I'll say it again -- in my opinion Liv is the premiere female vocalist in metal today. Her authoritative voice easily takes control of each song, singing with a confidence that occasionally borders on arrogance. Meanwhile, Jimmy offers a very unique guitar tone and style to the proceedings. It is probably those two distinct sounds that made the songwriting transition flow so effortlessly between Switchblade Serenades and True Sound Of The Underground."I want that teenage rampage, mayhem and outrage", screams Liv on the album's debut single "Outrage", the blueprint for True Sound Of The Underground. That song finds Sister Sin at their metallic best, but "Sound Of The Underground", "Heading For Hell", "Beat Em Down" and a convincing cover of Udo Dirkschneider's "24/7" aren't too far behind. The only minor complaint I have with this CD is the Neanderthal sounding gang vocals that are identical in every track.Sister Sin really are, and have been for a few years now, a refreshing sound in the metal genre. True Sound Of The Underground continues to build upon the master plan set forth with Switchblade Serenades, resulting in the two albums being almost mirror images of each other.

Line Up:

Liv Jagrell — vocals (Hysterica)
Jimmy - guitar
Benton - bass
Dave Sundberg — drums

Production:

Produced and mixed by Henrik Edenhed. Mastered by Dragan Tanaskovic.

Tracklist:

01. Sound Of The Underground
02. Outrage
03. Better Than Them
04. 24/7
05. Heading For Hell
06. I Stand Alone
07. Built To Last
08. The Devil I Know
09. Times Aren't A-Changing
10. Nailbiter
11. Beat'Em Down
12. On Parole (Japan Bonus Track)

+ Video "Sound of the Underground" (Official Video)

Obrázok Obrázok

Obrázok

Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 11 Jan 2021, 15:57

Sister Sin - Black Lotus (2014)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2014
Style : Hard Rock , Female Vocals

Bio:

Album:

Sister Sin will release Black Lotus, their fifth studio album, on October 27th via Victory Records.Sister Sin skillfully inject elements of classic, metal-tinged hard rock in the vein of Mötley Crüe, Accept, and Judas Priest, while remaining contemporary and palatable, akin to bands like The Pretty Reckless and Halestorm.

Line-Up:

Liv Jagrell - Vocals (ex-Hysterica)
Jimmy Hiltula - Guitars (ex-Archangel, ex-Maleficio)
Andreas Strandh - Bass
Dave Sundberg - Drums

Tracklist:

01. Food For Worms
02. Chaos Royale
03. Au Revoir
04. Desert Queen
05. Count Me Out
06. Stones Thrown
07. The Jinx
08. Ruled By None
09. Sail North

+ Video "Chaos Royale" (Official Video)

Obrázok Obrázok

Obrázok

Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 11 Jan 2021, 15:58

Sister Sin - The Very Best Of (Japan Edition) (2014)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2014
Style : Hard Rock , Female Vocals
Audio : 320 kbps + scans + Video
Size : 144 mb

Bio:

Line Up:

Liv Jagrell - Vocals (ex-Hysterica)
Jimmy Hiltula - Guitars (ex-Archangel, ex-Maleficio)
Andreas Strandh - Bass
Dave Sundberg - Drums

Tracklist:

01. Beat The Street
02. Dance Of The Wicked
03. Better Than Them
04. 24-7
05. Heading For Hell
06. Make My Day
07. Sound Of The Underground
08. Outrage
09. Fight Song
10. On Parole
11. Beat Em Down
12. Rock 'N Roll (Feat. Doro Pesch)

+ Video "Chaos Royale" (Official Video)

Obrázok Obrázok

Obrázok

Návrat na "HARD Rock, MELODIC Rock, AOR, BLUES Rock, GLAM & SLEAZE Rock"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 11 neregistrovaných