Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2021
Style : Melodic Rock , West Coast AOR
Audio : 320 kbps + front
Size : 134 mb

Bio:

TOBB is a Norwegian band consisting of first-call musicians working as freelancers in tv and the recording industry. TOBB was started as a playing ground for friends, all with the love for AOR-west coast music, and has since 1987 been touring on and off, mostly playing their own cover versiones of west coast and funk classics. In 2010 TOBB had the great fortune and honor of touring with the legend Bill Champlin, and he encouraged the band to record the ”lost song” Sweet Marie”, a track that didn`t make it on the legendary Chicago 17 album. Inspired by Bill, TOBB started recording their own original material witch had been neglected for years!The result is The album ”True To Our Sound” The Album consists og 10 songs with a strong emphasis on melody, with extensive vocal arrangements and horns all over every track!Guest vocalists is Bill And Tamara Champlin on Sweet Marie, a true honor for the band! The album also features a recording of The Tubes classic ballade ”Don`t want to wait anymore” with an intricate horn arrangement added! If you like Chicago, The Eagles, The Tubes etc. You will like TOBB!TOBB, or The Original Bullshit Band, as they were originally called, consists of some of the country's most used session musicians, and it goes without saying that expectations are high when we lend an ear to their latest release, "Overrated". With a background as a live band that almost lived at Smuget in Oslo, these are adult musicians with years of experience in the belt. Names like Javed Kurd, Trond Nagell Dahl, Erik Smith and Frode Vassel, make the expectations relatively high, and it is met from the first song; "Lighthouse", a piano-based song in the best AOR style. The chorus is catchy, and competent, consisting of drummer Erik Smith and bassist Lars Endrerud adds a groove that settles in the spinal cord. The second song, "Sexually Overrated" picks up the tempo a few notches, with playful syncopes and touching keyboards from Nagell Dahl.

Album:

The album has two cover songs; "Savior", written by Hilde Heltberg and Kari Iveland, and "Running Scared", signed by Nik Kershaw, from his "Radio Musicola" from 1986.The former is a beautiful ballad with a verse that could actually fit into Kershaw's "15 Minutes" from 1998, and is after all I could find out online, not published before. I had to confer with the band as well, and got my suspicions confirmed."5 Cups Of Coffee" really invites you to a good cup of espresso on a Sunday morning with its sloppy shuffle-feel. The chorus goes straight to the feelgood account, especially considering the beautifully arranged and performed choir part.The ballad "I´m Sorry" sends me back to Tower Of Power in 1991, and the song "Someone New". Beautiful downstairs, and a melody line that dresses Vassel's voice beautifully.The songs are generally good, and several melody lines sit well in the cerebral cortex after a few listens. Musicality is naturally one of the best we can get in this country, and it is a joy to hear musicians at this level. Vocalist Vassel sings well, but he is, to my taste, a little too far behind in the soundscape, and I would like to hear him pull a little more occasionally, but he sings completely from the front. The wind arrangements dress the production brilliantly. For those who enjoy music in the neighborhood of Chicago, Toto, Michael McDonald and the American west coast style, TOBB should really get a place in your playlist. And just so it is said; you get the opportunity to experience them live - go! You will not regret it!

Line-Up:

Frode Vassel
Tarjei Grimsby
Ola Welo
Javed Kurd
Erik Smith
Lars Endrerud
Trond Nagell Dahl og Rune Haglund

Tracklist:

01. Lighthouse
02. Sexually Overrated
03. Out of Control
04. Yesterday's News
05. Saviour
06. Running Scared
07. 5 Cups of Coffee
08. I´m Sorry
09. First Impression

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "NOVINKY 2021 / NEWS 2021"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 6 neregistrovaných