Nightwork - Nightwork (The Lost US Jewels Collectors Series Vol.9) (2021)

hudební novinky 2021 / music news 2021
Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 15 Apr 2021, 14:08

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 1986 (The Lost US Jewels Collectors Series Vol.9 2021)
Style : Melodic Hard Rock , AOR
Audio : 320 kbps + scans
Size : 155 mb

Bio:

Born from the ashes of Pomp Rock band Winterkat, Nightwork was put together during 1985 in San Antonio.The state of Texas had a burgeoning AOR underground throughout the 1980's, perhaps the most famous artist being multi-instrumentalist Michael Morales (currently undergoing a period of incarceration courtesy of the US government I believe) whose first album spawned several US hit singles.Not as well known, but equally deserving of attention are Nightwork who released their eponymous album in 1986.Ric Swanson, Chris Watkins, Jamie Vallejo, and Tim Saunders were all ex-members of Winterkat, their fellow guitarist Jonathan Grell being the sole remaining member.He went on to release Winterkat's follow up 'The Struggle' (was Grell's 'Billy No Mates' predicament the inspiration for the title - who knows?) Nightwork's album has a rather tacky cover which depicts a woman adopting a sultry pose alongside the sign 'Nightwork'.

Album:

Nightwork's album has a rather tacky cover which depicts a woman adopting a sultry pose alongside the sign 'Nightwork'.Fortunately, the band redeem themselves by displaying considerably more subtlety when it comes to delivering the goods musically.This time around Ric Swanson and his cohorts decided to adopt a more overtly commercial stance than the progressive hard rock tendencies of Winterkat.This is never more obvious than on the racy opener 'Hit On The Radio' and its infectious chorus which sets the tone for the rest of the album.The Nightwork sound consists of big hook-laden choruses, lush keyboards, and twin guitars that riff effectively, though without ever breaking into a proverbial sweat.If I was trying to find a reference point for their brand of AOR I would say their approach bears comparison to the long lamented Preview.In fact, Ric Swanson's vocal stylings do come across as similar to those of Jon Fiore (who coincidentally gets a name check on the sleeve).Whilst it's true there is nothing startlingly original about Nightwork's approach to AOR, it is all done effortlessly with considerable panache. Indeed you get the impression that these guys could perform this style of music in their sleep.There is also a nagging familiarity about the songs which remain buried in your consciousness long after they've been heard.If I was thinking of the album's highlights I would name the moody 'Another Night', 'Let Me In', which is full of light and shade, and the immediacy of 'Hold On To Paradise' where keyboards and guitar are in near-perfect juxtaposition.Whilst no longer playing melodic rock, Ric Swanson and the various members of Nightwork are still musically active and Ric Swanson in particular is performing with the excellent roots-rock outfit Our Religion.As a footnote, I understand from Ric Swanson that there is a possibility that the Nightwork album could see the light of day on CD at some point in the near future.You therefore might want to re-consider parting with your hard-earned cash to pay the ludicrously high prices charged by some Collectors for this album.

Line Up:

Ric Swanson - vocals
Jeff Doyle - guitar
Jamie Vallejo - keyboards
Chris Watkins - bass
Tim Saunders - drums

Tracklist:

01. Hit On The Radio
02. Another Night
03. Steal Away
04. Let Me In
05. Hold On To Paradise
06. Stealing Your Heart
07. Like I Do
08. Pulse Of Life (Bonus Track)
09. See A Liar (Bonus Track)
10. Givin' Up (Bonus Track)
11. Brand New Dream Live (Bonus Track)
12. High Times Tonight Live (Bonus Track)

Tracks 1-7 Recorded At "Union Audio Recording Studios", San Antonio, Texas, 1985-86
Tracks 8-10 Rough Demo Tracks Recorded At "Impact Studio", Texas, S.A., Tx 1995
Tracks 11-12 Recorded Live At "Rock Island Club", San Antonio, Tx 1994

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "NOVINKY 2021 / NEWS 2021"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 8 neregistrovaných