Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 1991
Style : Hard Rock , Christian Rock
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans + Video
Size : 123 mb

Bio:

Jet Circus are made up of two former members of Leviticus, but sound nothing like their former band. Jet Circus are heavy metal but they experiment with other styles of music as well. A lot of metalheads didn't like the Jet Circus debut because it wasn't a carbon copy of everything else that was out there at the time. Jet Circus knew how to write a good commercial hook but they also were not afraid to experiment a bit. The band had a unique sound.CCM AOR/Melodic Rock from Sweden..Jet Circus's first release is still awesome. I still play it from time to time and everytime I hear the music it is just as original as it was the first time I heard it. "You know, God loves Bass Guitar" and from what I have read, Ez Gomer is still proclaiming his faith now like he did then. To bad it is out of print cause if you missed it, you missed a great album.Originally this album was supposed to be labelled as a solo project by lead member of Jet Circus, Ez Gomer. In the end it keeps the name of Jet Circus, which is probably a good move since it is a much more recognisable name. After all the band caused a stir in the early '90s, with their debut album 'Step On It', and were among the first bands to combine metal and rap. Nonetheless this is a solo project for Ez (he did the production too!), but with a long list of contributors helping him out. Included amongst them are Mikkey Dee (Motorhead), Stefan Elmgren (Hammerfall), Tommy Denander (Radioactive) as well as contributions from Jet Circus members Terry Haw and Michael Ulvsgärd. A solid and heavy album that is full of attitude, this features crunchy guitars and gritty vocals and should still please old fans of the Jet Circus but will also appeal to people not familiar with the pioneering group. Another great aspect of this album is the positivity it breeds within the listener; the songs are wonderfully cheerful and are destined to raise your spirits, if not a broad grin across your face! This ranges from the wonderful opening track, with the second and fourth also of great quality, through to the more reflective "The Way You Bless Me". It's also worth mentioning that the sleeve boasts some great artwork and photography.Back in the 80’s when Sven "Ez" Gomer (formerly with Leviticus) had a premonition of stardom; he left the band to make his trek to the promised land. His first step was starting Jet Circus, a Christian rock band that would try and hold its own. Their debut release “Step on it” received poor reviews, and Gomer disappeared from the face of the earth. Now, many years later, Ez shows his face once more. This time around, he recruited some highly touted musicians in his endeavor to give it another shot in 2005 with “Look At Death Now.” To tell you the truth, I had never heard of the man until we received the new Liberty N’ Justice “Soundtrack of a Soul” in 2006. This was a compilation project of Christian rockers donating one track each to this amazing release. Ez sung on “King of Hollywood,” which was the reason why I contacted him. The song was one of the best tracks on that release, and I thought this guy had killer vocals. Now, getting to the Jet Circus, which really is a solo project by Ez with nine tracks put out by Hypersonic records. I am not going to sit here and tell you the man has gone from dust to diamonds, but “Look At Death Now” is a very good step in the right direction for Gomer. His vocals are in the vein of Dennis De Young but he adds higher pitched screams. “Man Rules” is one of those tracks where you will understand that Ez is exciting in his approach as a vocalist and could make an impact in time with his great range. At times, Ez can give you that deep hard vibrato and still reach those high notes. The one thing that will keep success out of reach for Ez is the songwriting. The songs do not have those catchy lyrics or hooks that will bring stardom, but if he takes his music to the theater genre, he could be a great storyteller and composer that will bring him success. After huge success with their Sony album "Step On It" in the 90's, and 3 singles in top positions on the American CCM chart, Jet Circus are back with a new heavy rock masterpiece featuring fat, crunchy guitars, monster grooves, and crazy leads.On the Guest list helping out you'll find Mikkey Dee (Motorhead) and Stefan Elmgren (Hammerfall)So Bass guitarist extraordinaire Ez Gomer got his start in the late-eighties when he joined the Swedish melodic metal band Leviticus in time to perform on its third and finest release Setting Fire To The Earth. During his tenure in Leviticus, Ez struck up a friendship with the bands lead vocalist Terry H., a partnership which in time led to the creation of an energetic new group called Jet Circus. After leaving Leviticus, the two wanted to do something fresh and different and, as a result, came up with the creative "hybrid-form" of funky groove-laden hard rock found on Jet Circus' 1991 debut Step On It. Following a tour of the US that same year, Ez and Terry H. began writing and recording the material that would make up Jet Circus' sophomore effort No Mercy For The Living Dead, but with no label support to speak of the project went unfinished. Jet Circus, for all practical purposes, was placed on hold until 2002 when Ez began thinking of recording a solo album in addition to finishing No Mercy... The good news is that Ez's solo project turned into a new Jet Circus album entitled Look At Death Now; on the other hand, with Terry H. not participating on it, Ez elected to take on lead vocal duties in addition to bringing in a new lead guitarist in Sayit.After a crunchy riff backed by a punchy bass line drives "One Dime Scape Goat" through its first and second verse in up-tempo fashion, it arrives at a groove flavored chorus reinforced by a touch of vocal harmonies. Sayit comes out on top with over thirty seconds of scorching lead guitar work. "One Dime Scape Goat" talks about the fallen state of man and his sinful nature:Introduced to a drum solo, "Man Rules" energetically advances to an upfront mix of choppy rhythm guitar before reaching a catchy chorus that in no time will have you singing along. Sayit again hits the nail on the head with a nice extended blues flavored solo. The message to "Man Rules" ties into that of "One Dime Scape Goat": "Godless Happiness" embarks to several seconds of bluesy riffing before settling down to an even guitar driven mid-tempo pace for its verse portions. Gaining further momentum, the song transitions to an energy-laden chorus underlined by vocal harmonies. I like how the song slows as Ez's bass moves to the front of the mix as he expounds upon the songs theme of "godless happiness": The albums title track is another good fast paced hard rocker. Kicking in to a driving guitar riff, "Look At Death Now" quickly moves forward until it culminates for a high octane chorus delivered at an upbeat tempo. Sayit's lead guitar is carried over a massive wall of rhythm guitar. "Look At Death Now" focuses on the finished work of Christ on the cross."Lizzard Love" commences at a laid back mid-tempo pace before the rhythm guitar and bass move to the front of the mix, the two steadily leading the way to a fleeting background vocal driven chorus. Denander joins Sayit on lead guitar and helps to decorate the song with several seconds of bluesy lead guitar work. Ez's bass lines are really grooving on this track.The piano slowly carrying the ballad "The Way That You Bless Me" through its verse portions underscores the commercial flavored chorus that follows. Once a touch of rhythm guitar enters the mix, "The Way That You Bless Me" moves on to an instrumental passage featuring a lengthy stretch of the albums best lead guitar work. The album peaks with the incredible "Shooting Star". Taking off to several seconds of bluesy riffing, the song tapers off to a groove-laden mix of edgy rhythm guitar at the start of its first verse. The stylish vocal harmonies accentuating "Shooting Star" at the end of the second help propel it to a catchy hook filled chorus. "Shooting Star" sheds light on the stereo-types associated with the devil and hell.Opening to a plethora of screaming rhythm guitar, “Skull Of The Poet” advances through its first verse hard and heavy until it crests for a chorus giving rise to a deep and dark sounding ambience. Sayit tears it up with over thirty seconds of gritty work on lead guitar.The album closes with its second ballad "Fears Of Tomorrow". A blend of rhythm guitar and piano backed by a touch of orchestration holds sway over the song until it reaches a slowly moving chorus with a good laid back feel. Denander makes another guest appearance with several seconds of bluesy lead guitar work.Look At Death Now proves a consistent hard rocking effort in that all nine of its compositions hold up under repeated play, the albums standout tracks being its faster and more upbeat ones such as "One Dime Scape Goat", "Man Rules", "Godless Happiness", "Shooting Star" and "Skull Of The Poet". Ez's impeccable work on bass guitar effectively complements the flashy riffing of talented newcomer Say it. A top notch production job only adds to the albums appeal. All in all, it is great to hear Jet Circus again

Album:

Great CD, power rock anthems and ballads. Tight rythmns and harmonies; These guys had a blast making this album.Songs will stick in your head for years, I'm not even a metal head. Take a few beers and put this disc into your player. You can´t do anything but smile when these guys start their power-rock engines. The rating is too high, i know. Some good songs and some shitty ones but we can always push the skip button when a bad one strikes, can we.

Line Up:

Terry Haw - Lead Vocals, Guitar
Ez Gomer - Bass, Keydoards, Backup Vocals

Additional Musicians:

Little George - Drum Programming
Goran Norin - Harmonica
Lotta Gustavsson - Choir on "Victory Dance"

Tracklist:

01. Victory Dance 3:30
02. Rockin' Horse 3:43
03. Jet Blue 3:18
04. Step On It 5:15
05. Ghost Town 4:09
06. Break This Jail 5:40
07. Be Bop a Lula 2:44
08. Train 4:07
09. Run 4:39
10. Dress in White 4:14

+ Video "Victory Dance" (Official Video)

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "NOVINKY 1991 / NEWS 1991"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 2 neregistrovaní