Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 1991
Style : Heavy Metal , Doom Metal
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans
Size : 133 mb

Bio:

The band's name, Cirith Ungol, is taken from J.R.R. Tolkien's The Lord of the Rings and means "Pass of the Spider". It was a high pass in the land of Mordor where the monster known as Shelob lurked.Formed in California in 1972 and taking their name from Tolkien’s ‘Lord Of The Rings’, obscure avant-garde Metallers Cirith (pronounced Cee-rath) Ungol are a band for whom the word cult was practically invented. I remember being given some advice many moons ago by the staff of London’s legendary record emporium Shades that, if heeded, might tragically have left this band overlooked. The tip-off concerned the first of Brian Slagel’s ‘Metal Massacre’ compilation series and the assertion that Metallica were the only thing on there worth hearing. How fortuitous, then, that I chose to ignore their advice completely. For nestling within its coarsely hewn groove was nothing less than Ungol’s ‘Death Of The Sun’ - the soundtrack to hell itself! But just what in the world, I hear you cry, does Hell sound like? Well, try early Rush meets early Celtic Frost for starters. Favouring complex, some would say cumbersome arrangements, their music is oblique, challenging and at times a truly agonising howl. Bizarre and otherworldly, their short three-album career forms a triangle in terms of creativity as well as in number. Their ’81 debut is a delightfully off the wall affair in which the band lurch from dungeon dirge to Seventies monster Rock-out with nary a flicker. Once slated as ‘the worst Heavy Metal album of all time’ it laid the ground rules for their brand of Fantasy Metal which quickly came to fruition. ‘King Of The Dead’ (’84) really is the ultimate Cirith Ungol album, a masterpiece of originality which virtually defies description. Hear the very Earth crack beneath your feet; feel the frozen claws of the Northwinds tear at your skin as Pterodactyls soar against a crimson sun. In other words - prepare to shit yourself. Come their ‘One Foot In Hell’ swansong they were already making the fatal error of paying too much attention to what was going on around them musically, which in ’86 was Metallica, Slayer and Anthrax. What in Hades could these bands, though each outstanding in their own way, teach Cirith Ungol? From Middle Earth to the middle way in the course of one album and yet still the stuff of nightmares.‘Chaos Descends’ in particular was a distinct nod to earlier works and the title track features one of their most leaden, crushing riffs ever. If you like Fantasy and Metal and like bands that like Fantasy and Metal, exhume these relics now and let chaos descend!

Album:

Paradise Lost is the fourth studio album by American heavy metal band Cirith Ungol. It was released on August 23, 1991 by Restless Records in the United States, Canada, and Greece, and re-released as a bootleg several times. The band broke up in 1992 over unresolved issues with their new record label. It was finally officially re-released in 2007/8 on Noble Rot. Although the band reunited in 2016, Paradise Lost remains their final studio album.According to band member Robert Garven:Restless Records did nothing for the band in the way of promotion or touring. They had me contact Roadrunner Records in Europe (who released our first 2 records) to try to convince them to release Paradise Lost in Europe. The owner, I think was named Cess Wessels or something, refused to release it saying that it was outdated. It is funny as it is the CD that everyone wants and it is still unavailable! I have tried on several occasions to get PL re-released but with no luck. Several companies were very interested in re-releasing it, however Restless Records would never return their phone calls or e-mail.The album was finally released in the rest of Europe on October 7, 2016 by Metal Blade Records.The fourth and last album of Cirith Ungol caused much dismay for the band. Having read The Corroseum's interview with band members Greg and Rob I can understand why. It's understandable that the series of events which happened before and during the recording of this release made a negative impact on the band members: Jerry and Flint leaving the band, the label issues, the degrading recording sessions (including the "fucking electric metronome" as Rob puts it) and that they had even less control of the producing of the album than they had while they were signed to Metal Blade.They found replacements for Jerry and Flint, but at a cost: The new members wanted their songs to be included, Joe Malatesta (who handled the guitar) had written a song called "The Troll" and bass player Bob Warenburg's song was "Heaven Help Us". Personally I like "The Troll" and unlike Rob I think it does actually fit in quite well with the Cirith Ungol sound, "Heaven Help Us" on the other hand, while not a bad song, doesn't. The two other middle songs, "Before the Lash" and "Go It Alone" are written by Cirith Ungol but disrupt the flow of the album somewhat. "Go It Alone" is a semi-happy song and should've been left out. Tim's vocals are more or less clean here (this is also occasionally the case in some of the other songs) and honestly, it sounds like generic Heavy Metal to me. It wasn't included on the ' Servants of Chaos' compilation which makes me suspect it was written later on. The opener "Join the Legion" is a true Cirith Ungol anthem and the cover of Arthur Brown's song "Fire" fits in much better than "Heaven Help Us" and "Go It Alone".Rob states the demo versions were ten times better than the final product. It seems to me he lets his negative feelings about the whole shebang cloud his judgement to be harsher than required. The demo versions show much promise and thus I can see the album was a letdown but the album versions aren't that far off. Yes, there's more energy in the demo versions, yes, Tim sounds better at times, and yes, as an overall verdict, the demo versions tells me the songs on Paradise Lost could and should have been better. However, even in their somewhat butchered state many of the songs on the album are awesome. It's also worth to mention that the sound quality of the demo material is as expected quite stale.If the line-up would've stayed intact and they had more control over the recording and production of the album this could've been almost as good as King of the Dead. Even now in the current state does it almost compare favourably to the demo versions of the songs and stands as a strong testament from one of the most obscure bands in the history of heavy music. Thus it would be a mistake to ignore or dismiss this album just because of the sad history behind it as it contains many of Cirith Ungol's best songs (the trilogy of the three last songs on the album).

Line-Up:

Tim Baker - Vocals (1976-1992, 2015-present)
Vernon Green - Bass
Jim Barraza - Guitar
Robert Garven - Drums (1972-1992, 2015-present) - See also: ex-Titanic

Additional musicians:

Joe Malatesta - guitars, vocals

production:

Produced: Ron Goudie
Mixed: Robert Feist
Michael Whelan's artwork for Michael Moorcock's book "The Sailor On The Seas Of Fate'' was used as cover.

Tracklist:

01. Join the Legion 04:33
02. The Troll 03:50
03. Fire (The Crazy World of Arthur Brown cover) 03:01
04. Heaven Help Us 06:24
05. Before the Lash 04:41
06. Go It Alone (Prophecy cover) 04:23
07. Chaos Rising 08:42
08. Fallen Idols 06:45
09. Paradise Lost 06:13

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "NOVINKY 1991 / NEWS 1991"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 4 neregistrovaní